Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Emerging Talent
Adam1980

Why has my email address been disabled

I have a massive problem with my email, as in through outlook I can't get the program to send/receive, it just comes up with an error saying that my email address was rejected by the server. Through webmail I get a message saying my email address has been disabled. Disabled? Why? If I have suffered the same fate as other virgin customers and had my secondary email address deleted then WHY?

Why did I not get prior warning that this was happening?

And how do I go about getting this email address reinstated, as its actually my primary email address, and NOT my secondary.

Not happy at all

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
MartinKee

Re: Why has my email address been disabled

The same thing has just happened to me, the accounts for my wife and son have both been disabled with no warning. We contacted customer support - the first person said he would put us through to a supervisor but then it just went on to permanent hold, the second said there was nothing he could do and hung up and the third said there wasn't nothing that could be done. After I insisted she speak to a supervisor finally came back and said there was a form she could fill in and it would take 5-7 working days as the IT group don't work at weekends (bit unclear what would happen if the system crashed on a saturday!). 

No apology or explanation given. I pay a significant sum every month for the broadband service and this is the service I get. Perhaps OFCOM should check the 'Terms of service' for Virgin as I doubt it says in the small print that they will delete email accounts as the fancy takes them!

Does anyone know how you can talk to someone who understands the problem and can get it sorted asap? Calling 151 is a waste of time as they haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
Adam1980

Totally agree Martin, I'll be looking into contacting ofcom once I finally actually get through to someone at virgin who knows what they are talking about.

I've been a virgin media customer for countless years, and pay an awful lot of money to them every month for their services, to just disable a customers email address is disgraceful service.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
swb9936

Exactly the same has happened to me and no one at Virgin seems to want to listen........

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Leanne_K

Hi Adam1980,

Sorry to hear your facing problems with your email account.

This was not planned and is a fault so that's why you've not been told prior to this happening.

I would suggest you please call us on 151 from a Virgin landline or 0845 454 1111(chargeable) where a member of our technical support team can check and test your email access

Leanne K
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
Adam1980

Hi Leanne,

I have contacted virgin on 151 3 times this morning and had the call cleared at their end. Not happy at all as need access to my emails asap as waiting for correspondance on an extremely important matter.

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Leanne_K

Hi Adam1980,

Sorry to hear you've not had any joy so far in getting this resolved.

I would suggest if possible to calling up again, reason being is Data Protection needs to be passed on the phone by law for us to escalate this fault further it cannot be done on the forum.

Thanks for your patience.

Leanne K
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
Adam1980

Just got through to be told there has been issues regarding migrating various email addresses over to a new server and I am now without my main email address for 5-7 days. Not impressed as I have had no communication regarding this from virgin. Will be calling to make a complaint in the next hour as I'm sure this problem has not happened to just me, and there will be alot of people experiencing this problem.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
gforte

I have the same issue, got through to an operator said my email address had been orphaned! I explained it was my main account, its the one my virgin bill gets sent to said need my password to reacivate it (which I am not sure they do? sounds dodgy) and i will take 7 days. Really not happy about this

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
FionaMcD2

Virgin's response on this issue is pathetic. I have just spent 40 minutes on the phone to someone who was no help and eventually gave up. I have no resolution and someone 'may phone' me back, and I've to make sure I 'don't go out in case they try to call'.'

So still no email on an account I've had 12 years, no proprosed resolution and zero customer service. I don't know why I'm surprised. They are relying on customer apathy. I will be voting with my feet.

Please use plain text.