Menu
Trouttickler50
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Why do you allow unsolicited e.mails from sites offering sexual therapies

I am continually receiving unsolicited e.mails from site offering sexual therapies and from dating agencies. I have not contacted any sites of this nature. Why are you allowing this unsolicited content to be sent to me?.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do you allow unsolicited e.mails from sites offering sexual therapies

Most people don't like this stuff but , would you believe, some do which is why the spammers send it because they make money. VM can't check the content of e-mail but you can ensure that your spam settings in web mail mean that you don't have to see it in front of you.  In my view I don't want my ISP deciding either what mail I can or cannot see. That is my decision alone. Follow the advice here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ravenstar-s-Email-FAQ-s/m-p/3026118#M129705

Just make sure your spam settings are those given in the guidance. Don't worry about the technical stuff around it. You can clear the spam folder out every so often.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos