Menu
sadielouise
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Why am I getting so many mailer-daemon@virginmedia.com emails??

Hi,

Please can someone tell me why I am getting so many delivery status notification messages from mailer-daemon@virginmedia.com when I aren't even sending any emails??  I've had 10 today!  Please can someone help me stop them?

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
Caravelle
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why am I getting so many mailer-daemon@virginmedia.com emails??

Have you checked your online "Sent" folder to make sure you didn't send them ?   I'm having much the same experience, there are loads of emails there that I did not send.

Caravelle

0 Kudos
sadielouise
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Yes I'm pretty sure I'm not sending them. I barely send anything from my bluey onset email. And definitely not emails about fat burning.

Sarah
0 Kudos
sadielouise
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Stupid predictive text! That should say blueyonder email.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hello sadielouise and Caravelle

Really sorry you are getting the bounce back messages and you did not send them.

Most likely it is due to a spammer putting your email address as the originator, we call it spoofing and it is quite annoying. We are working in the background on the new email platform trying to stop or reduce it getting back to you, hopefully we can get on top of it.

The other slim chance is that someone has managed to log in the webmail as you or there is some malware on your PC sending emails from your account it the background and the ones that fail to deliver you see the bounce back message. It may be worth running a virus scan on your PCs if you have any and perhaps changing you webmail password just to be sure, more help may be found here

Please ask for more help if you are not sure and keep us updated.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
sadielouise
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicolas, thank you for your reply. I have now changed my password so hopefully they will stop. It does seem to have happened since the email platform changed so I hope it gers sorted out very soon. Thanks, Sarah
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sarah

You're welcome, well done for changing your password but to be honest if it has happened since the platform change then it is probably down to us, we are aware we have a bit of an issue with this and are doing our best to try and stop it.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a nice weekend. 

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
katebey
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have had this problem hundreds of emails that cannot be delivered, people who I have previously emailed and people I have not communicated with before.  I have an old ntlworld.com account - these messages have gone to a lot of professional colleagues and it is causing me problems. 

This has only started to happen since the migration, what has Virgin done?  Can you please tell me how to change my email - I often have problems changing anything with the old account name?

0 Kudos
Dave65
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 85
Flag for a moderator

For years I've been sending out League Tables to various groups but recently the mailer-daemon Notification says it couldn't reach one or more of the Recipients. I've just asked this question in a new post but can I find out which Recipients are affected so I don't have to ring them all up one by one to check ?
Cheers
Dave.
0 Kudos
katebey
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 85
Flag for a moderator

I have changed my password for Virgn media but the guidance says to go to the Details section in the email etc (see below) - I cannot find anything at the bottom of the page at all.

"Once you have changed your password, but not before, log in to web mail, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Details" link below the "Last account activity" section. If you can see a message stating that there are concurrent sessions, click on the "Sign out all other sessions" button."
0 Kudos