Menu
mnsolihull
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Where is my 'sent mail' folder?

Hi

Just been auto converted to new mail system, so just getting my head round it.

Can't find an option to give me a list of inbox mail with first line showing without annoying side pane of opened mail. Not a major problem, just changed view to 'list' which gets rid of side pane & lists my inbox mail but was better when you could see the first line.

But I can't find my sent mail folder. Oh, wait. just sent first mail from this new setup & it's in sent objects. But where are the 100's of others?

Sadly, still using XP so is this the problem?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Where is my 'sent mail' folder?

mnsolihull wrote:

Thanks very much - so, found the mails under gmail as you suggested but is there any way to see who they were sent to in a list type view as con only see that they were all sent by me - obviously.

If you move them into the Sent objects folder then they will show who they were sent to.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

mnsolihull wrote:

Thanks very much - so, found the mails under gmail as you suggested but is there any way to see who they were sent to in a list type view as con only see that they were all sent by me - obviously.

See this thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email-Cloud-and-Webspace/Sent-Mail-Name-display-in-the-New-Email...

Because the Gmail' Sent folder that isn't now the default sent items for the system it's being displayed as if it was an incoming folder. This being looked at to see what options are available.

In the meantime the workaround is to copy the mails into the Sent objects folder where they will be displayed correctly.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

elizabethpolo48 wrote:

Thank you Ben. But the migration will take ages! Is there a way I can select the contents of the whole folder and move it across? At the moment I am doing it page by page.

elizabethpolo48 wrote:

Thank you Ben. But the migration will take ages! Is there a way I can select the contents of the whole folder and move it across? At the moment I am doing it page by page.

To select the contents of the whole folder: Click on the folder > drag the bar on the right side of the folder to the bottom until all the contents has loaded > tick select all > click on the three horizontal bars > Select Move > pick the folder you want to move to.

select all new.PNG

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

mnsolihull wrote:

Hi

Just been auto converted to new mail system, so just getting my head round it.

Can't find an option to give me a list of inbox mail with first line showing without annoying side pane of opened mail. Not a major problem, just changed view to 'list' which gets rid of side pane & lists my inbox mail but was better when you could see the first line.

But I can't find my sent mail folder. Oh, wait. just sent first mail from this new setup & it's in sent objects. But where are the 100's of others?

Sadly, still using XP so is this the problem?

How did you normally send mail via mail client or web mail.  If mail client was it POP3 or IMAP?

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
mnsolihull
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Usually accessed vis VM website, logging in & clicking 'mail' so I guess webmail?
I think POP3
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

See the FAQ 'My old emails seem to be missing? How can I find them?' on this page http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/broadband/your-broadband/vm-mail/using.html

Any emails sent via Webmail before the change will be in Gmail / Google Mail > Sent Mail

mnsolihull
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
mnsolihull
Tuning in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Bump....Anything on this, anyone please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

mnsolihull wrote:

If you move them into the Sent objects folder then they will show who they were sent to.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

mnsolihull wrote:

See this thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email-Cloud-and-Webspace/Sent-Mail-Name-display-in-the-New-Email...

Because the Gmail' Sent folder that isn't now the default sent items for the system it's being displayed as if it was an incoming folder. This being looked at to see what options are available.

In the meantime the workaround is to copy the mails into the Sent objects folder where they will be displayed correctly.

elizabethpolo48
Tuning in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I moved a few pages of the Sent Google folder to Sent Objects, fine, but I seem to have to do it page by page. And will I have to keep doing this, I would much rather my Sent emails did not go into the Google folder?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

elizabethpolo48 wrote:

I moved a few pages of the Sent Google folder to Sent Objects, fine, but I seem to have to do it page by page. And will I have to keep doing this, I would much rather my Sent emails did not go into the Google folder?

After the migration any emails sent will go straight into the Sent Objects folder.

0 Kudos