Menu
BEF
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

When emailing someone why can't I add an old email as an attachment?

it is so easy with Outlook, you simply click on "insert"  and you have the option of file or outlook.

i am sure this must be an easy fix for VM?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: When emailing someone why can't I add an old email as an attachment?

BEF wrote:

it is so easy with Outlook, you simply click on "insert"  and you have the option of file or outlook.

VM webmail is a much more basic way of accessing email than using an email client such as Outlook.

However, you can either use the 'Forward' function in VM webmail and just forward the target email to the person you want to send it to, or if you really want to send it as an attachment then first save the target email as a .eml file, using the 'save as file' option in VM webmail, and then attach the saved file to the new email.

Of course to do either of these VM webmail needs to be working, which it isn't at the moment.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

BEF wrote:

VM webmail is a much more basic way of accessing email than using an email client such as Outlook.

However, you can either use the 'Forward' function in VM webmail and just forward the target email to the person you want to send it to, or if you really want to send it as an attachment then first save the target email as a .eml file, using the 'save as file' option in VM webmail, and then attach the saved file to the new email.

Of course to do either of these VM webmail needs to be working, which it isn't at the moment.

BEF
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham, I did the forward option in the end. I did try the save as option but i only had 3 choices of which file type to save as, but I never saw .eml
Thanks again.
Brian
0 Kudos