Menu
martg68
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What the H*ll is happening with the e-mail?

I have a user@ntlworld.com address, this morning my mobile last synched at about 9.40am and now all day it is 'tring'.......'sign-in failed'?

Tonight i have tried to manually sign in and 'incorrect password'?

I've had to change it to get to post here..........i even had to bloody shorten it, what is going on?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: What the H*ll is happening with the e-mail?

A couple of things to try - provided you are still a Virgin Media broadband customer and the ntlworld address is connected to your current account.

Check if you can access the email via webmail: http://email.virginmedia.com or https://www.virginmedia.com/email

If that works but you can't still access via your mobile try resetting the password to force the back end servers to re sync the password: Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

martg68
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When i quoted 'manually sign in' i meant on the laptop.

I had to change my password to enter the forums which also changed my e-mail log in! but why at 9.40am this morning did it fail and bring me to this point? I can now access my e-mails, but what has been lost?

Same password from the start and no nefarious activity showing on my account.......and yes i am a VM customer and current.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So, just to be clear are you now able to access your email on all devices?

This forum login and password and your ntlworld email login and password are on entirely different systems so not sure what happened in your case.
snout
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

its the same here pal.

everything worked fine yesterday morning , and my misses email.

Went to bed , working nights. Checked my email when i got up - Nothing - Nada.

Email incorrect , not recognised etc etc. cannot sign in to web mail - still not recognised.

Misses cannot sign into the main account.she cannot sign into her webmail etc.

This is VM Side - not ours. VM What did you change ?

I am also ntlworld.

0 Kudos