Menu
TroySarah
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Webspace Closure & emails

We had a blueyonder website with a liked email. The website was closed ages ago by VM but the email is still active & recently we keep getting redirected emails to this email address (all job websites for another person).

Is there any way to delete this email address so my hubby doesn't keep getting the messages? He keeps marking them as spam but he's getting several every day!

Am trying to get through on chat but not having any luck ATM

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webspace Closure & emails

You have choices.

1. Stop accessing the blueyonder address that you no longer want and VM will suspend it after 90 days and close it completely after a further 60 days

2. The address must exist in My Virginmedia so go there and delete it - you are still a VM customer I presume?

3. Wait here for the Forum Team to respond and help you. It'll take about a week.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
TroySarah
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The emails are being delivered to my husbands mail email but the source is via the website email (hope that makes sense).

The email only shows up in my profile under virgin media mail but theres no option to change it.

Thanks for the response

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You need to go into My Virginmedia to delete the e-mail address not the VM web mail service. Look at this guidance on how to get there:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

The e-mail address is nothing special. It can be managed in the same way as any other VM e-mail address.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
TroySarah
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When I log into myVM in 'manage my other accounts' only my email is showing which I use.

Under 'my profile' the username and contact details both have the email address my husband uses & in red theoption 'change'.

This section is where the email is shown but theres no change option:

Virgin Media Mail

Virgin Media Mail address
removed @blueyonder.co.uk

Alternate email addresses

Note: This email address is linked to your Webspace.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Rock the Rafters is the one we want to get rid of, the website was deleted back in 2016 when VM stopped personal webspace.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On the assumption that the e-mail addresses you have quoted are real I have asked the Mods to edit your post to remove them. This is a public forum and anyone can read and so rip-off these addresses for spam and we have evidence that automated bots are set up to do this. Protect your privacy. Do not do this.

You'll have to wait for the Forum Team to get to this thread to help you remove the address. A few days wait.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Based on that redacted screen shot the address you are wanting to delete is an alias of the primary email address. This was possible under the old blueyonder system, the alias addresses all use the same mailbox as the parent address.

Unfortunately it isn't possible to delete the alias without deleting the parent address. Further, as it is your primary address it cannot be deleted.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I withdraw my advice because Graham_A has got it spot on. I should know better because I have a blueyonder legacy address too and so should have spotted this. Apologies if I have mislead or raised false expectations. 

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
TroySarah
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. We wondered if that was the case.
0 Kudos
TroySarah
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for taking the time to try and help

0 Kudos