Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
cartoony

Webmail not displaying correctly in Internet Explorer 8

Whenever I open webmail in ie8, I get a screen like this: BYWebmailProblem.JPG

All the buttons ( Archive, delete, etc) aren't displayed correctly.

If I hit <shift> & Refresh, the page then loads correctly, but the next time I open it it's wrong again.

Have tried on 3 separate machines, all with ie8 - same problem. My IE7 machine is fine, as it is if I use Firefox.

Only started a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone got any ideas please - it's not a major prolem but it's annoying me.

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

Re: Webmail not displaying correctly in Internet Explorer 8

cartoony wrote:

Whenever I open webmail in ie8, I get a screen like this: BYWebmailProblem.JPG

All the buttons ( Archive, delete, etc) aren't displayed correctly.

If I hit <shift> & Refresh, the page then loads correctly, but the next time I open it it's wrong again.

Have tried on 3 separate machines, all with ie8 - same problem. My IE7 machine is fine, as it is if I use Firefox.

Only started a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone got any ideas please - it's not a major prolem but it's annoying me.

I see this forum STILL has the issue of pictures showing as a yellow triangle with a black edge - which is all I can see for your screenshot in Firefox and in IE8.

Sorry, not an answer to your issue!

Fresh as a Daisy
Brian_chilton

I'm seeing this too, and with IE8.

It works, but looks very unprofessional.

Do VirginMedia people read and respond to these posts ?

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

Hi all,

I am currently gathering the information on this issue so I can escalate this to our platform team to investigate and resolve.

We will let you know when we have any further updates.

Regards,

James Gilbert

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
richanthony

As with the others, this is exactly the same problem as I have. I did notice that if I run in compatabilty mode the page loads perfectly and will stay okay until I clear out my temporary internet files, after which time I start over again. When I am in compatability mode I get a message saying Virgin Media Mail works better without it although this is clearly not the case. I am also using IE8.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
petecoss

This is a problem highlighted above I have on my desktop PC which although it is an older machine it has been upgraded to run with IE8.  Now the new laptop I have and the netbook my wife has don't have this problem and the display pages look normal (both with IE8).  Very confusing.

To me Virgin have messed the whole system up anyway, with the layout, discussions (terminology) etc.  Not a big fan!!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Brian_chilton

My account, on both desktop and laptop, is now back to normal, but my wife's mail on the same machines is still not displaying correctly. Not IE8 then.

Nothing was changed on either machine that I'm aware of.

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Paul_B

Hi Brian_chilton,

Would you advise if the browser is reset if the fault continues?

Regards.

Paul Buchanan
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Brian_chilton

Not sure how the browser settings could effect this situation, I can see both (good and bad) web displays when changing between my web mail page and my wife's web mail page, on the same PC with the same browser, with the same browser session.

I tried it anyway, and the problem remains.

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Pete_R

Hi Brian,

I've sent a mail to James to see where we are up to on reporting this to the platform team.

Regards,

Peter Rafferty

Help and Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.