Menu
wrda
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Webmail - bad in the evening.

Webmail access seems bad in the evening from 7 pm onwards. Its only goodish in the daytime. I thought it would be better with 50 meg!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webmail - bad in the evening.

Hello wrda

Welcome to our forum, sorry you are having problems accessing Webmail. Apologies as have had a few intermittent issues with Webmail however the area traffic does pick up in the evening although not quite breaking our threshold for escalation so it may be that. Also I wonder whether wireless plays a factor, is it just the Webmail or does general browsing slow up as well?

At the moment the CMTS is reporting your modem as offline, if it is and you would like us to test the line please would you leave it on and let us know.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
wrda
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have been out all day, but I am in now and I will leave my Superhub 2 on for you to test. I connect via an RJ 45 cable. Webmail is the main problem but there is a lot of buffering on BBC Radio and iPlayer.
0 Kudos
AndyGG1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've noticed this too. Last few evenings we haven't been able to get onto webmail until about 10 pm. As a newcomer to Virgin I'm finding this disappointing - especially as I have not yet managed to set up Outlook to work with my Virgin account.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello wrda

Thanks for getting back, I have tested your connection and it is looking good. The area traffic does pick up in the evening and there are a few peaks that may slow things a bit but outside of that the Webmail may also be a little slow at times. I wonder have you considered using an email client rather than Webmail as it can be much more versatile and speedier. There are a few to choose from, personally I find Thunderbird to be very good, if you do the settings may be found here Using Virgin Media Mail with Mail Clients

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos