Menu
HalcyonL
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin webmail issues via firefox

I am having trouble getting virgin email to open . I am using Firefox, It partially loads then freezes. I can usually peruade it to open properly by Ctrl F5 but that is tedious. Any ideas?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin webmail issues via firefox

Yes - common problem with VM's web mail. Clear browser cache and cookies or change your browser. Web mail is temperamental on some machines with some browsers. Better still dump VM mail and use something reliable like GMail or Outlook.com (for example).

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes - common problem with VM's web mail. Clear browser cache and cookies or change your browser. Web mail is temperamental on some machines with some browsers. Better still dump VM mail and use something reliable like GMail or Outlook.com (for example).

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Kevin27
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have got the same problem. But added to the problem is that it is my business email address. Going to a another email provider is not an option. VM helpline were pointless only suggesting what I had already done to solve this. My next course of action will be to contact Firefox and see what they offer though being an American company and this being a British problem I am not to hopeful. I am using my Apple iPad to access my mails.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Put “Firefox freezes” into Google and you will find you are not alone. It’s a regular problem with FF. Best solution is to ditch FF and use Chrome instead.

Incidentally, I trust you read this in the VM terms and conditions at the time you signed up for the VM residential service.

5.2. Specific prohibited acts in relation to Virgin Media’s systems, services and equipment are:

5.2.1. the sale or resale of our services and products;

5.2.2. any form of advertising or marketing practices - deceptive, misleading or otherwise;

5.2.3. furnishing false data on our sign-up forms, contracts or online applications, including fraudulent use of credit card numbers (and such conduct is grounds for immediate termination and may subject the offender to civil or criminal liability);

5.2.4. trade or business use of the services of any kind unless used for remote access to your employer’s corporate network (and remember in any case that we are not liable for any loss occurring as a result of such use) or you subscribe to our small business product - The Biz. If you are a residential customer and you wish to use our services for trade or business use, you must sign up to a business service like The Biz. Go to http://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/ for more information;

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Kevin27 wrote:

Hi, I have got the same problem. But added to the problem is that it is my business email address. Going to a another email provider is not an option. VM helpline were pointless only suggesting what I had already done to solve this. My next course of action will be to contact Firefox and see what they offer though being an American company and this being a British problem I am not to hopeful. I am using my Apple iPad to access my mails.

As previously noted by BillC45, business use of VM residential services, unless for remote access, is not permitted.

More importantly VM's email is provided as a "value added" service, free of charge but totally unsupported, and to be honest it's barely adequate for domestic use. If you leave VM your email service will cease, or should after 90 days, leaving you high and dry. Spam filters are inadequate, sending limits are questionable, the cons far outweigh the pros.

NOW is the time to arrange a fully supported and ISP independent email address if you value your business.

Actually the same applies if you value your personal email service.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.