Menu
JimWade
Tuning in
Message 1 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net email

Help!

I can no longer access my email at virgin.net - not via Entourage nor webmail.

Is it just me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 48
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin.net email

Perhaps you should have read this first - Forum sticky? General e-mail outage at present. Fix time 10 pm tonight!

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email-Cloud-and-webspace/Updated-Email-and-Webmail-connection-di...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 48
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Perhaps you should have read this first - Forum sticky? General e-mail outage at present. Fix time 10 pm tonight!

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email-Cloud-and-webspace/Updated-Email-and-Webmail-connection-di...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
JimWade
Tuning in
Message 3 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, Howard - much appreciated.
0 Kudos
herj
Joining in
Message 4 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I've just encountered the same problem - looks like virgin have now cancelled the email address - have quite a few investments with them so looks like i will be withdrawing all my financial investments if they are doing this to my virgin email address - quite considerable sums - looks like virgin are going to lose my financial investments business if they are doing this to us.

Will now have the hassle of altering all my email addresses that i had on Virgin - not very clever virgin - only prepared to support services that support me nowadays.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 48
Flag for a moderator

That's because you were probably a national VM customer (ADSL connection) who was transferred to TalkTalk a year ago and who was told at the time that access to your @virgin.net address would only last for 12 months.

Or it could be that your were a former dial up customer whose @virgin.net address was not closed properly when you moved to a different supplier. VM do catch up with these.

But if it is none of these how about a bit more detail on what has happened.

In any event Virgin media and Virgin Money are two entirely separate companies. All they have in common is the Virgin branding.

Still if you want to cut of your nose to spite your face who am I to stop you?

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
herj
Joining in
Message 6 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - not very helpful - looks like i'll be cutting my nose off to spite my face then - and as a result you have just jeapordised investments in the virgin group of well into six figures - great customer service - not!  As i said - i'm only prepared to support and invest in companies that are prepared to support me. No doubt more senior figures in the Virgin group may take a more serious view to this once i inform them.

Now have the hassle of informing all my contacts and companies that i now have to change my default email address.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I haven't jeopardised anything. I am a user just like you trying to help. I do not work for VM.

It seems I put my finger on why your e-mail address may have closed without imminent warning. But if neither of those two reasons applied I left the door open for more help if you explained the circumstances of the sudden cut-off.

The two companies are entirely separate. Virgin Media is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Global - a US cable and internet provider. Virgin Money is a UK public limited company and holds a UK banking licence. Chalk and cheese. As I said all they share is the branding.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
herj
Joining in
Message 8 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Was also planning to sign up to Virgin broadband too in the near future once my current contract ran out but not mow i don't think - well done

0 Kudos
herj
Joining in
Message 9 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Apologies - thought i was talking to someone from Virgin.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 48
Flag for a moderator

And even if you were your comments would be unjustified - IMHO.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks