Menu
Snave1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net email address not working anymore

I have 3 virgin.net email addresses 1 has stopped working and I assume the other 2 will shortly stop - is there anyway I can go into my account and save messages I need ?

thanks 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin.net email address not working anymore

Snave1 wrote:

I'm not a current Virgin user so does that mean I've lost it all or can I pay to get my emails etc back?

the message I am getting is imap username or password incorrect 

Any help would be appreciated 

thanks

I understand that VM are currently going through a process of purging virgin.net email addresses that are not linked to a VM broadband account.  The only way you could pay to restore full access is to take out a VM broadband package and ask for the old email addresses to be switched to the account.  Other than that access to the 'orphaned' email addresses is usually possible via an email client such as Thunderbird for a while after webmail access ceases.  However, if that is the message you are getting it implies you are already using an email client.  You may still have time to download emails from the other accounts before they too get closed.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The answer depends on why the address has stopped working.

If you are getting error messages what are they? Edit out any personal info.

But the main thing to ascertain is do you have a current paid for Virgin Media broadband account? It is necessary to have one for continuing use of VM email addresses.
Snave1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm not a current Virgin user so does that mean I've lost it all or can I pay to get my emails etc back?

thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Snave1 wrote:

thanks

I understand that VM are currently going through a process of purging virgin.net email addresses that are not linked to a VM broadband account.  The only way you could pay to restore full access is to take out a VM broadband package and ask for the old email addresses to be switched to the account.  Other than that access to the 'orphaned' email addresses is usually possible via an email client such as Thunderbird for a while after webmail access ceases.  However, if that is the message you are getting it implies you are already using an email client.  You may still have time to download emails from the other accounts before they too get closed.

Snave1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I'm currently using outlook on my iPad to try to access the account

think I have to resign myself to the fact that it's gone for good 

k

0 Kudos