Menu
Gibby1
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.et email password change

I have forgotten my virgin.net email password (needed to set up the account on a tablet mail app).  The on-line Forgotten Password option allows me to answer security questions but then fails to get to the correct subsequent page "oops something is wrong...".  I can't find any help on-line or by 'phone at Virgin Media (we do not have a VM phone or internet account).  Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.et email password change

I suspect you are getting the oops message as your email account is not linked to an active, paid for Virgin Media broadband account. Does the address date back to the old 'dial up' days?

As the address is not linked to a current broadband account it should by rights no longer work, however some have escaped the deletion process and continue to operate.  It is possible that the Forum Team may be able to assist with the password issue but it is currently taking them 10 days or so to get to new threads.

Now would be a good time to set up a non ISP linked email address and begin notifying all your contacts of your new email address.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.et email password change

Hi Gibby1,

Thanks for coming to our Forum for help with this, I'll do my best. Graham_A has provided the best advice with regards to setting up a non-ISP based email account. But I'll be happy to check our systems for any trace of your old virgin.net email address.

I'll send you a PM in a moment (purple envelope icon, top right of page) requesting some details. Please reply when you can and we'll see what we can do.

Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos