Menu
alan-cooper
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin email response slow

Very recently, with no changes to my system, virginmedia email is extremely slow to respond when using google chrome.

Logins sometimes say you have a systems error, but subsequent attempt work again.

MS Edge is slightly quicker, but also were very quick previously.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin email response slow

Mail has suffered recently from a couple of individual and intermittent performance difficulties. The service status checker was showing this as a national issue. Bet that is what you have been experiencing. Should all be clear now. In case this has affected the way your Chrome browser works clear your browser cache and cookies. That should sort it. 

I use Chrome and it performs well. 

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin email response slow

alan-cooper

Have you measured the speed of your connection recently?

Run www.speedtest.net periodically to check what speed of connection you are actually getting, as opposed to your nominal speed, and also observe from the graph produced whether your signal fluctuates up and down or is relatively steady. I don’t suppose you will know whether VM has added a dozen new customers to the green box in your street to which you are probably connected. You are all sharing the total capacity of the box.

Note that “no changes to my system” is a false assumption. Most websites you visit will add a cookie or 2 to your browser’s store of cookies. And the upper limit is around 3000 of these.That’s why Howard has advised you to clear them out periodically. Multiple cookies for the same site over a prolonged period of time can cause confusion between your browser and the website.