Menu
wiseoldwoman32
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin email addresses - access after broadband disconnection?

I have recently cancelled my Virgin broadband, and just noticed a message saying Virgin Broadband cancelled. You can access your email for 90 days after disconnection date. I still want my daughter and I to be able to use our @virginmedia.com addresses at her home - she has Sky broadband and uses Mozilla Thunderbird to acccess all our email. Will our @virginmedia.com addresses actually be deleted after 90 days or is it just accessing email via the Virgin website (which we never do) that will be disabled? I still have Virgin TV and want to keep receiving emails about it. Can anyone answer my question please, or should I phone to speak to Virgin?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin email addresses - access after broadband disconnection?

The whole email address will cease to work. Virgin Media Mail is only available when you have Virgin broadband.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The whole email address will cease to work. Virgin Media Mail is only available when you have Virgin broadband.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
wiseoldwoman32
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your swift and helpful reply - not the answer I was hoping for but now I have plenty of time to make other arrangements. Interestingly, Sky don't seem to do this - delete email addresses once users stop subscribing - I still have access to an address of my late husband's and he left Sky in 2012!

Have a great day.

0 Kudos