Menu
vasalotacs
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.com email password change

I have a particular problem different to the email PW threads so far encountered.

I have just signed up to Virgin for a Bundle. My initial account used a gmail address because I didn't yet have a Virgin email account, but at some point during the first set up I was either asked to set up a virginmedia.com email or came across the option and chose to do it.

Now a couple of weeks down the line I stupidly forgot to make a note of the virginmedia.com email password and I can't find where to change it. All the suggestions lead me back to the Virgin account PW which is associated with my gmail address not the me@virginmedia.com address. Without that password I can't set up my Mail client on the desktop to display virgin mail so could someone point me in the right direction please? I thought there'd be a facility to change the PW in the settings of my webmail page, but there doesn't appear to be.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin.com email password change

Email account password changes are made in the My Virgin Media section not in webmail.  https://my.virginmedia.com/

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

In this case I assume that the gmail address will have been set as the primary account, so you should see the virginmedia address under Manage Accounts

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Email account password changes are made in the My Virgin Media section not in webmail.  https://my.virginmedia.com/

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

In this case I assume that the gmail address will have been set as the primary account, so you should see the virginmedia address under Manage Accounts

vasalotacs
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Graham. You started a process that solved it, thank you! The one odd remaining thing though, is that the new virgmedia email address is not associated with a new account, but with the initial account opened using gmail. Once I understood that it was simply a matter of trying the password associated with the gmail address and this worked.

Thanks

0 Kudos