Menu
polly43
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Web Mail

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else having trouble signing into Virgin web mail?  Only it takes an absolute age to load after I have signed in; if it loads at all!  I thought at first it was my Mozilla Firefox browser (as that sometimes doesn't load some web pages correctly (because it doesn't include Flash or Java installed) but the same thing happened with Internet Explorer too, so it can't be that. 

Cheers,

Polly

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Web Mail

It is a server side or webmail client issue that has been ongoing for a few days now. Try refreshing the web page F5 or Ctrl + F5

0 Kudos
polly43
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 51
Flag for a moderator

I have just had the same thing happen yet again.  I signed in to Virgin web mail (which I have book-marked in my browser ) and the wait was horrendous as usual.  So...I tried my bookmark for this forum and then clicked on 'email' at the top right of my browser and hey presto, I got straight into my web mail account!  Now I'm wondering if my bookmark for my webmail is accurate.  Maybe it's changed slightly? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Check that your bookmark is set to either of these addresses: http://email.virginmedia.com or https://www.virginmedia.com/email

peterbalbi
Joining in
Message 5 of 51
Flag for a moderator

thanks Graeme for trying. but I am also having the same problem and have posted my problem. I clicked on both your links, they took me to the same text page asking to enable JavaScript. its so frustrating, haven't been able to use my virgin mail at all.

Regards Pete

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 51
Flag for a moderator

If you check the service status page there is an ongoing fault with VM webmail affecting some users. This may be your issue. Wait until the fault is cleared then try again.
polly43
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all.  The webmail seems to be working OK again now; albeit still a bit slow.  But...I can get into it now!

0 Kudos
priorslee
Dialled in
Message 8 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A wrote:
If you check the service status page there is an ongoing fault with VM webmail affecting some users. This may be your issue. Wait until the fault is cleared then try again.

It's all very well checking the service status page, but why are VM so utterly useless at putting meaningful info on this page.  The above was posted on Saturday, when the estimated fix time was later that day.  It's now Tuesday and the status page still says "Customers may experience intermittent access to Webmail- with error message.  We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way."  and shows an estimated fix time of 10:00 today.  I have no doubt that if I look at it again later, the message will be the same but the ETA will have moved on.
What is the point???  Why can't VM tell us the whole story?

priorslee
Dialled in
Message 9 of 51
Flag for a moderator

As I was saying, nearly 4 days down the line and VMs current service status says

Customers may experience intermittent access to Webmail- with error message

We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.

Still no meaningful info on the issue, not realistic timescale, no pinned post, certainly no hint of apology for the dire service ...

Perhaps someone from VM Towers would care to explain which planet their engineer is 'on their way' from ...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Hi priorslee,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having an issue accessing Virgin Web Mail. 

How have things been since you last posted? Are you still having the same issue? 

Come back and let us know when you can. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos