Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7 (190 Views)

Virgin Media will not forward all sub account mail to Outlook 2010

I have recently re-installed Windows 10 and use Outlook 2010 as the mail client. I have five ntlworld email accounts which I have configured to forward to my respective Outlook accounts. No matter what settings or configurations I have tried, Virgin media will only forward the default email to all five accounts in Outlook. It will not forward the other four account emails to their respective Outlook accounts. At the moment I can only check the other accounts by logging in to Virgin web mail. Can you help me resolve this problem? Many thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7 (150 Views)

Re: Virgin Media will not forward all sub account mail to Outlook 2010

Hi BC46,

I shall do my best to help with this.

Firstly I'd like to know how you have your email accounts set up in webmail. Are they all accessed individually or have some been added as extra accounts and are therefore accessed via the same credentials?

Do you have Outlook configured for each individual email address?

Or have I misunderstood and you forward your VM emails to another address in Outlook?

Please provide any other information about how you setup works, or is supposed to work, so I can help.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7 (138 Views)

Hi Jen, 

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately there seems to be an issue with in my local area: 

Virgin Media Mail is having trouble sending and receiving emails at the moment, so there might be a bit of a delay.

We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.'

Consequently I cannot access my account to check the settings. Will do this in the next couple of days and reply to you then.

Thank you for offering to sort out this problem.

Many thanks,

Bernard  

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 7 (130 Views)

Hi Jen, 

Email now up and running!Smiley Happy 

In web mail the four extra accounts have been set up in addition to the default account and are accessed via the same credentials.

In Outlook each e-mail account is configured for each email address and Microsoft Outlook  test messages are successful. 

VM web mail is  forwarding only the default emails to all five accounts but not the respective emails for each sub account. In web mail I have tried unified mail for the default account but it still only forwards the default account emails to the other accounts. 

Up until ~18 months(?) ago when VM made changes to  email accounts, emails were forwarded to their respective individual accounts and a copy also to the default account. By opening the default account I could view all the sub account emails without going to the respective folders.  Since that change, emails were sent to each respective account but no copy to the default account.

Last year  after upgrading to Windows 10, I regularly encountered the  BSOD on boot up, hence a reinstall of Windows 10 was necessary. 

I have tried changing settings in  web-mail and Outlook but to no avail. The default account in Outlook is POP/SMTP and the other accounts are IMAP/SMTP. In addition I have not changed the original setting to auto forward emails to another account (gmail) which has worked ok in the past. 

Yesterday I started to delete some of the 3000 emails which loaded into each of the accounts from web-mail. By deleting from the VM web-mail it deleted the emails in all the Outlook accounts at the same time.

I hope this makes sense and that the information I have provided is sufficient for you to help sort this problem out. 

All I am trying to achieve is for each of the VM email accounts to be forwarded to their respective email accounts in Outlook which I use on my main computer.  

Many thanks in advance

Kind regards, 

Bernard

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7 (102 Views)

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for your comprehensive reply, much appreciated Smiley Happy

Please access webmail, go to the settings icon  then Email Accounts and select the Edit option for one of your added accounts.
Is the Use unified mail for this account option checked? And, if you scroll down, are all of the server settings correct (as listed here)?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7 (81 Views)

Hi Jen, 

I'm glad there is more to life than VM e-mailsSmiley Mad

I have tried all your suggested settings but to no avail. I've spent this afternoon trying every different setting but VM forwards only the default email  and not the sub accounts to my Outlook accounts. Microsoft Outlook test messages from my Outlook accounts are all ok and are received on the VM web-mail.

If I send a test message in VM web-mail from the default account to any of my sub accounts in VM web-mail or vice -versa, an error message from e-mail transporter says that spam content is found. Changing the spam settings in Settings makes no difference.

The account settings you referred in your last reply  actually differs slightly in my web mail, i.e as laid out below: 

Account name: xxxx.ntlworld.com

Your name: xxxx

E-mail address: xxxx. ntlworld.com

Incoming Server IMAP

box ticked for Use SSL connection.

Server name: imap.ntlworld.com

Server Port: 993

Username: xxxx.ntlworld.com

Password: xxxx

Outgoing Server (SMTP)

Box ticked for Use SSL connection

Server name: smtp.ntlworld.com

Server Port 465

Authentication: There is a choice of :

1. As Incoming e-mail server
  2. Use separate username and password
  3. None

Username: xxxx.ntlworld.com

Password: xxxx

I have then received an error message : Warning: Could not connect to transport server 'smtp.ntlworld.com' for login xxxx.ntlworld.com. Please review your settings

Option then to cancel / ignore warnings. 

I have tried all of these options but to no avail.

In addition I have tried forwarding a sub account e-mail to my default account and it just appears dulled  and not-editable. It then saves to draft but will not allow me to send.

Can you perhaps help sort this mess out as I am rapidly losing faith in the VM Web-mail.Smiley Frustrated

Many thanks,

Bernard 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7 (67 Views)

Hi Bernard,

Sadly then I suspect that you'll need to access each account individually rather than via the same credentials (as additions to an existing account).

I shall try to replicate this with our test email though we don't have access to Outlook on our test bench pc - I shall have to use Thunderbird.

I'll get on to this tomorrow.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos