Menu
gcawdery
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media and Internet Browsers and their inability to supply a decent or even sufficient Help Service

I cannot use any Internet browser to view my e-mail other than Internet Explorer, a browser I try to avoid at all costs due to, not only principle (Microsoft sucks!), the fact that others are much better and generally more secure!

I try to find out from Virgin Media from their Help & Support pages only to find that there really is no help or support available!

Why is Virgin Media so bad at help or support? At the very least every other Internet entity I have ever come across allows e-mailing of queries/problems for their consideration rather than insisting on online chats (to which connection appears near impossible) or phone calls for which you will be charged if not using a Virgin Media phone!

Since I CANNOT lodge this complaint directly with Virgin Media I am posting it here in the hope that somebody with integrity within Virgin Media (if such a person exists) might reply to me with some sort of explanation/inspiration!

I assume that my e-mail will be available to whomever in Virgin Media reads this post and wants to help (which I am sure will be nobody).

This is not the first time I have had a problem reporting issues to Virgin Media and this is probably the least serious (previously I have had major problems trying to et them to help me with a malfunctioning Tivo box and Internet connectivity.

I also point out that I am subscribed to pretty much the TOP LEVEL of Virgin Media services and I find this level of support completely unacceptable.

BTW: I have quite a number of complaints regarding the recent Tivo upgrades that appear to have not only slowed down the responsiveness of the boxes but also appears to make them reboot in the early hours of the morning for no reason (plus many others)!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media and Internet Browsers and their inability to supply a decent or even sufficient Help Ser

You can use an email client and pick up your emails that way if you are stressed over browser security.

However a quick test shows it works fine in Firefox, Palemoon, Edge, and Chrome. Just the ones I had handy to test.

Sounds like something wrong your side. Have you your browsers set up to use proxies? Which particular browser is giving you problems?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media and Internet Browsers and their inability to supply a decent or even sufficient Help Ser

Whilst you are waiting for someone from the Forum Team to respond to your various complaints (it may take a few days incidentally), it might help diagnosis of your browser problem if you gather the answers to the following questions in the meantime - as this is the sort of information they will need in order to help with your issue -

(a) what hardware and software combination(s) are you using to view email (all devices)

(b) which browsers (and versions) have you tried

(see this for a list of browsers - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_web_browsers)

(c) describe the problems, together with any error messages, for each browser that you have a problem with

(d) what is the resolution of your main computer screen (see Display in Control Panel)

(e) do you use “zoom” to magnify your screen (either the Windows or browser functions)

gcawdery
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try it repeatedly on browsers other than IE. It FAILS!

I have tried on many different machines in many different locations!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media and Internet Browsers and their inability to supply a decent or even sufficient ...

Hello gcawdery

I am sorry you are having problems accessing webmail. We have a list of supported browsers here How do I access my Virgin Media mail? We are not aware of any current issues, personally I use Chromium and Firefox and have no problems. I think BillC45's previously mentioned list is a very good place to start, please let us know.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos