Menu
Scorpioking
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Following on from my posting of the other day and having spent several hours trying to resolve the webmail issue I appear to be going round in circles. I am still getting the same message coming up as before (As Below) and can access my mail after 3-4 attempts which isn't very helpful but I am now getting the same silly message when I try and access "My Virgin Media" etc to check my latest bill. This is despite clearing my Cache etc a few times as well so it appears I'm stuck on the page below with only access to my mail !!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction please. Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks. Dave. Scorpioking

Important information about My Virgin Media
We're making some essential changes

We’re doing some work on My Virgin Media at the moment as part of an upgrade to provide you with an even better service.

We're sorry this part of the site isn’t available at the moment. Everything will be back to normal again soon, so please come back and try again shortly.

Email isn't affected, so you can send and receive messages as normal.

If your email address ends in @virginmedia.com click here
If your email address ends in @ntlworld.com click here
If your email address ends in @blueyonder.co.uk click here
If your email address ends in @virgin.net click here

You can also still pay bills online.

Make a payment

Or here are some more links that might help:

Got a query about our products, services or ways to pay? Just visit Help and support to find the answer. Alternatively if you need to get in touch Contact us

Dave. Scorpioking
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop using VM as your email provider and get an ISP independent email address.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Scorpioking
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Sololobo but it's not very helpful and it doesn't resolve the problem of access to My Virgin Media etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so I can check my bill which has mysteriously gone up.

Given the large amount of money I'm paying Virgin media I expect to be able to use all the resources available without having to ask for advice from Forum Members or change my E-Mail Addresses/Providers when it's Virgins Duty of Care to provide the services it says it provides within its contractual obligation.  Thanks. Dave

Any viable advice would be appreciated with thanks in advance.   Dave Scorpioking

Dave. Scorpioking
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The sites up an running now.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Golem
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's not up now

0 Kudos
Scorpioking
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Ravenstar, I noticed there seemed to be a lot of problems with both E-Mail and the Web Site as of late.

I am still having the same problems however,not been able to get into "My Virgin Media" etc still and the same message coming up all the time. I can get into my mail via the shortcut displayed in the message.

I've noticed however that when I try to get into "My Virgin Media" or the Virgin Website it is showing as trying to access :-     https/virginmedia.com/holding  whatever that may be. I think that may well be the problem but not knowing what or were it's trying to go I can't rectify it. Any ideas/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers. Scorpioking.  Dave

Dave. Scorpioking
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On going maintenance/updates to the My Virgin Media pages.  They were working earlier on Sunday but now seem to be down again.  They seem to do this during the 'quieter' periods, although this doesn't suite everyone's online habits. 

Scorpioking
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your reply, it seems to be an ongoing mystery to say the least. In my case it's been over the last three or four weeks not just the last few days so I'm a bit baffled to say the least. It all started when the web site was down for maintenance a while back and has just got steadily worse from there.

As I say it seems to revolve around trying to access https.virginmedia.com/holding when I try to access My Virgin Media, My Account and such and not where I want to go. Hopefully someone at Virgin is going to tell me what it is trying to access so I can rectify it sooner rather than later. Thanks for your observations Graham.  Cheers.

Scorpioking.  Dave

Dave. Scorpioking
0 Kudos
Scorpioking
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Golem,

Thanks for quick reply there mate it appears to be eating Currant Teacakes and stopping at every currant in my case !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   and still is at Tues 15th.  Cheers.

Scorpioking.  Dave

Dave. Scorpioking
0 Kudos