Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Mj
One to Watch
Mj

Re: Virgin Email on Iphone

Just managed to get my blueyonder email account working using imap on iPod touch (guessing it will be similar to iPhone email set up). Belive both blueyonder and virgin.net have been migrated to google platform so should be similar set up too. When I tried to create the account the iPod recognised it was a blueyonder email account and defaulted to pop, with no way of changing to imap. when I went into the mail account details in iPod it said 'pop account information' greyed out above name. The way round it was to start again to create a mail account but type in your email address with @virginmedia.com rather than @virgin.net. The iPod will then give you the choice of imap or pop. Select imap and put in the correct details, @virgin.net , imap4.virgin.net etc It did show one last error message but then worked
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Ladydolphin

Can anyone explain to me what I need to do to make my virgin.net mail work on my iphone through wifi (home broadband wifi)?  Have no problem with 3G sending and receiving but presume this is using O2 server.  Must be settings somewhere but after more hours and more attemps than I care to mention I still have no success.  I keep getting message 'the server rejected one of the recipient's addresses'. Tried telephoning virgin but they won't help - don't support iphone - don't want iphone support want their support.  Thought I knew what I was doing but think I need advice in simple words.

If I sound tired and fed up it is because I am - so please if anyone can help..............

thanks

Please use plain text.
Crafty
monet208

Hi

Now I am not computer literate but my email works fine ....a blueyonder account

Emails being pushed through to my iphone since I got and set up the iphone in February but for the last 24 hours the emails I have received have not been pushed through to my iphone purely to my virgin webmail

Any help would be appreciated  Thanks   David

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
solva2000

Mj, you are a complete star! I have been struggling with this (setting up Blueyonder to connect using IMAP on the iPod) for so long and had not had any joy out of the VirginMedia techinical support team on the telephone, but your post has sorted everything out immediately! Great answer!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
bunnykins1

Can anyone help. My virginmedia.com e-mail account won't work on my iphone. I've tried pop2.virginmedia.com and impa.virginmedia.com in the recieveing and smtp.virginmedia.com in the outgoing server. Keep getting cannot connect, do you want to try without ssl settings or email/password incorrect or pop3 is not responding.

My old blueyonder.co.uk account works fine.

Any ideas

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

bunnykins1 wrote:

Can anyone help. My virginmedia.com e-mail account won't work on my iphone. I've tried pop2.virginmedia.com and impa.virginmedia.com in the recieveing and smtp.virginmedia.com in the outgoing server. Keep getting cannot connect, do you want to try without ssl settings or email/password incorrect or pop3 is not responding.

My old blueyonder.co.uk account works fine.

Any ideas

try pop3 or imap

full settings are listed here