Menu
Hexigan
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Email Account Password

Can anybody help me to reset my Virgin Email account password (well my Mother's).

My Mum has inadvertently locked herself out of her email account and having had numerous phone calls with Virgin now has no idea what her password is and is very reluctant to call them again as last time she called to get it unlocked they said this service would cost her £20 upfront and then £5 a month (no idea what this is for).

Anyway, I have tried all the usual on her behalf :-

• clicked forgotten password link - virgin send a code in a text message to your mobile - Okay
  • Input this code and it then asks you for your security question - I entered this (my Mum has all these written down so I knew it should be correct). The system says this is the incorrect Security Answer - so I click on the "forgot security answer" link which subsequently comes up with the message - your security answer will be sent to your email address !!!!!! Useless because she can't access her email

Does anyone know if I can get this emailed to a different email address (she also has a gmail account) or could it be emailed to my account.

OR

Can anyone offer any alternative advice for unlocking an account without phoning India and being sold some package that she doesn't need

All help greatly appreciated

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
Hexigan
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Email Account Password

Forgot to say, it is a .ntlworld email address if that makes any difference

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

I'm so sorry for the difficulties your Mom has had in trying to access her email account.

For the life of me I can't think why she'd be charged, that's not something we've ever done for this type of problem.

I appreciate you coming to us for help on her behalf, though I know you'll understand that we would need to deal with the named account holder for sensitive issues where passwords/access are concerned.]

I do have a suggestion, so please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll see what I can do to help.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Jen_A It sounds as if someone may have transferred her call to Gadget Rescue Smiley Sad

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@ravenstar68 - yes I agree...sigh

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos