Menu
mobaldy2005
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Dot Net account not found

Hi, since the  21st December I have not been able to sign in to my Virgin.Net account

I changed my password on Outlook 16 but since then I am unable to access emails et al.

When I go onto email, it comes up with "Cannot find Account"

It also comes up when I click forgotten username.

I have been waiting for some exceptionally important emails and this problem seems to have been the case for the past 3 days, any help will be much appreciated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Dot Net account not found

Hi mobaldy2005,

Firstly welcome to our Community. Thanks for joining us and hope you had a nice xmas Smiley Happy

There are a number of reasons why your email address is no longer accessible, these include:

1. The email address is on an account that is not linked to an active, paid-for, broadband service.
  2. The email address has been removed by us because it hasn't been accessed in a 90 day period.
  3. The email address has been removed by someone with access to your My Virgin Media account.

I'll be happy to investigate this matter and provide a resolution if I can. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) with the requested information and I'll see what I can find out for you.

Bye for now Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi mobaldy2005,

Thanks for getting back to me. The email address in question seems to have been removed/deleted by someone with access to your My Virgin Media account. This has not been done by us, Virgin Media.

We could restore it for you but would have to clear DPA (data protection) with the named account holder first. If you'd like to go down that route let me know and we'll discuss it privately (via PM).

I should add that that email address is on an former ADSL account and is at risk (along with the other email addresses on there) of being permanently removed by us. However, if you have do have another account with an active VM broadband service we could arrange to get those addresses moved over, to keep them safe.

Let me know what you'd like to do Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
mobaldy2005
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen, I will PM you as I do need my account restored
0 Kudos