Menu
Swalk
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Very poor access to email

For the last two months trying to get into my email accounts has been so poor I have started to move some to outlook, this does not however help when travelling and the little black dots on getting in just keep going. Seen other comments on this also going back months so how long will it be before this is sorted?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor access to email

Not much comfort for you here, I'm afraid. VM acknowledge the fault. It is intermittent and proving hard to track down - apparently. So even they can't say when it might be fixed.

As I have said in other threads. The state of VM web mail makes it unfit for purpose. You should look to move. All my day-to-day e-mail work is now down via Outlook on the web (Outlook.com). It has its moments but nothing like VM web mail!

My wife has just had to chose between VM and GMail now that her Freeserve address is closing. What do you think she did? Bear in mind we are die-hard VM adherents.

Moving to a non-ISP provided e-mail service is a one off task and ensures that if you ever leave VM you'll not have to worry about losing your e-mail address etc.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos