Menu
walkerd
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM502

Hi,

I have noticed that I am receiving a lot of emails from MAILER-DAEMON saying that certain recipients could not receive my emails.  I have not sent these, clearly someone has hacked into my email and is using my address to send vast amounts of SPAM.  Subsequently when I try and send emails it says unable Code VM502 (too many recipients). What can I do to start sending emails again?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM502

Without going into horrendous detail follow the guidance here - change your password and security question. I think your conclusions may be correct.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
walkerd
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much.  I will do that, couldn't get the link to work though.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Some people are having trouble with the help pages. But you get the drift.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Wrock
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Walkerd,

If you look inside the messages about emails which cannot be delivered, emails which you did not send, are any of the email addresses for people or organizations you know?

What are some of the subject lines of messages which could not be delivered?

-Wrock.

0 Kudos
walkerd
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Don't know any of the recipients.  Subjects are along the lines of 'I found it' or 'so exciting'.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi walkerd, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your emails. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I can see HowardML has already been on the case for you with this. 

If you are still having trouble with the link take a look at the information found in our help page What do I do if I think my email account has been accessed by someone else? It may also help you to take a look at our post on Spoofing

How are you getting on now? 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos