Menu
JBRJBR
Dialled in
Message 11 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM e-mail unreliable

You make a good point.

I have, however, used VM's e-mail for years, but have now e-mailed ALL my contacts and informed them that they should now use my G-mail address.

Not before time, I admit, I have now ditched the useless VM e-mail and would advise others to do the same.

Now how do I change my preferred e-mail address for notifications of responses on this site? !!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 49
Flag for a moderator

if vm email supports auto reply you might be able to setup a auto reply to anyone that emails to tell them the mail is no longer used and give your new one
0 Kudos
JBRJBR
Dialled in
Message 13 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Trouble is, VM e-mail is not accessible!

0 Kudos
yonder
Tuning in
Message 14 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Yup  - Sun 3a.m. - couldn't get past the 3 dots on SIX different browsers on TWO pc/.fone devices.

Sun. day -  still couldn't get into Vmail on Chrome all day,  altho others back to normal.

Sun. night - finally Vmail working again.

So looks like everything down to Vmail's clunkiness not my browser history at all.

Am gradually moving over to Outlook the prog. as main one,  because other browsers seem vulnerable too.

It IS a major Virgin screwup. If they want you to use another prog., fine - but then they have to tell you that from the beginning, otherwise you get sucked into a costly hole of their making.

0 Kudos
JBRJBR
Dialled in
Message 15 of 49
Flag for a moderator

I agree.

Mine just came back again about 40 minutes ago.  Not acceptable.

Even worse was the 'expert' at VM's Indian call centre who claimed it was a Windows 10 fault.

I await their response to my letter of complaint.

0 Kudos
yonder
Tuning in
Message 16 of 49
Flag for a moderator

...that response is coming soon ... as soon as we can get past these three dots....

0 Kudos
Tiredeyes69
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Was great email whilst they used gmails servers. Then got too expensive, I'm guessing, big cheeses couldn't get the next newest (insert car, yacht, boarding school, etc here)
So created their own pile of ratskeller
Superuser
Superuser
Message 18 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Tiredeyes69 wrote:
Was great email whilst they used gmails servers. Then got too expensive, I'm guessing, big cheeses couldn't get the next newest (insert car, yacht, boarding school, etc here)
So created their own pile of ratskeller

Absolute and complete drivel. VM had to cease using the Google based platform because those nice people at Google unilaterally closed the service they provided to other ISPs to manage e-mail on their behalf.  Before ranting it helps to know the facts. And the offering on the Google platform was riven with errors and non-functioning of many features which Google wouldn't even look at. While the present situation is bad the past was not a rose garden either. Rose tinted spectacles have a way of distorting vision.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Tiredeyes69
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Oi, Howard's way👌🏼
Whys my email not working ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 20 of 49
Flag for a moderator

We've told in your own thread.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos