Menu
Jez48
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VM Webmail - running unsafe scripts

I have always experienced problems loading VM webmail.
Past advice has been to upgrade from XP, so now have Win7 as well

Its Virginmedia that's the problem....

So, for instance

Google chrome

Will not load unless a flag in the address bar is activated to accept 'unsafe scripts'

then bingo - Web-mail works
Web link is flagged in RED as NOT SECURE     HTTPS://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/#!&app....

I have similar issues of numerous pc's at numerous locations on different operating systems and browsers.  for 3x NTLWORLD & 1xVirginmedia email address's 

ie same issues in Mozilla firefox (on XP and Vista)
Google Chrome  ALL browsers and Win 7 & 8

At long last i can log in from home, but work systems will not allow me to reduce the security to an extent that VM webmail works......

come on Virgin, 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Webmail - running unsafe scripts

Hello Jez48

Sorry you are having problems accessing Webmail, I have just tried it from here and do not seem to be encountering your problems. I wonder whether it is due to security policies where you work, perhaps work checking with your IT team. Also may be worth checking all your browsers and OS updates are up to date.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Jez48
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Webmail - running unsafe scripts

Hi Niclola

Many thanks for your reply.

May I treasure you all the checks you advise are in order thanks.

I'm sure you are aware there are other posts on this topic, of which some response's advise its because, although the main page may be secure, other parts of the page or data are not.

In respect to IT at our company, they have also looked at this in some detaile. As a result reviewed their security. An enhanced level ! Access is now more difficult.

So in all VM webmail access is still going downhill. 

Kind regards

0 Kudos