Menu
PERCY_LONG_PRON
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN DELETED MY EMAILS

All,

Looking some advice re my emails. Everything wad fine yesterday however today when I went to check my emails everything is completely gone. I did not delete them so can only assume it is something Virgin have done. This is a major issue for me as I have lost a lot of important emails!!!

I have checked my account on my phone, my laptop and via logging into the virgin website. Everything is completely gone.

Has anyone else had any issues with this? Is there anything can be done?

Thanks

Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIRGIN DELETED MY EMAILS

Hi PERCY_LONG_PRON,

Sorry to hear about the missing email, though we're not aware of any fault or problem on the Virgin side of things that could have caused your email to disappear.

How do your normally access your email, via webmail or other mail client, if you use client based apps is this using IMAP or POP settings?

Does anyone else have access to your email?

Probably stating the obvious, but have you checked the trash folder in webmail?

Kind Rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
PERCY_LONG_PRON
Tuning in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ralph,

I use email on my Iphone aswell as via the VM website and Outlook on the laptop.

No one else has access to my email.

I had emails in my account dating several years. Everything is wiped, inbox, outbox, trash.....everything gone!!!!

Ive never had a problem with it before.

0 Kudos
scouser73
Superfast
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi PERCY_LONG_PRON,

If you are using an email client such as; Outlook or Thunderbird, then your issue can be resolved.

Please click the following link which will tell you why this has happened.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email-Cloud-and-webspace/POP3-Behaviour/td-p/2994032

From Virgin Media:

We strongly recommend Virgin Media Mail email client users access via the IMAP protocol, or alternatively use webmail. Both of these access methods will fully delete the mails from the server.

Regards,

scouser73

152 Mbp/s Broadband - Windows 10 [Home] -
Ubuntu 17.10 - SuperHub 3.0 - Nokia 5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi PERCY_LONG_PRON,

Thanks for the additional info though I fear for the worst if all your email is missing from webmail too, do you have any mail forwarding or filters set up here?

With Outlook is your email set up to use POP or IMAP settings?

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Pylon37
Tuning in
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi this same thing has happened to my emails- everything before 11 May has disappeared from my email account - that's years of mail much of it important - I've lost it from both my iPhone and webmail.

What's going on Virginmedia?
0 Kudos
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Pylon37 wrote:
Hi this same thing has happened to my emails- everything before 11 May has disappeared from my email account - that's years of mail much of it important - I've lost it from both my iPhone and webmail.

What's going on Virginmedia?

There are now several cases being reported of this very problem. As each one (so far) is being looked at by the VM forum staff on an individual basis - and wondering why the customer accidentally deleted their own emails - then we won't get an answer.

This is yet another problem at the Virgin Media end, I'm sure of it.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email-Cloud-and-webspace/Lost-all-my-old-emails/td-p/3118644

0 Kudos
Pylon37
Tuning in
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

As of yet no one from Virgin Media has come near any of my posts yet - would certainly welcome an approach - their call centre is worse than useless in my experience so would prefer some online interaction.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Pylon37 wrote:
As of yet no one from Virgin Media has come near any of my posts yet - would certainly welcome an approach - their call centre is worse than useless in my experience so would prefer some online interaction.

It takes Virgin several days to get round to a thread.  You originally posted on the 21st May, typically it can take up to 4 days, (in the past it was up to 7 Smiley Sad).  You really shouldn't spam the boards as it won't get your post answered any quicker.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Pylon37
Tuning in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Noted and thank you for the advice re timescales.

Not sure that your suggestion I was spamming the boards is in any sense fair - I was responding to an earlier comment which I thought was a legitimate thing to do on a board.