Menu
mef31
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Username or Password is incorrect for email from iphone

Hi,

I'll start fresh as I have gone through many threads on this subject.

I am primary user, my emails work fine from iphone and webmail. My wife is an additional account and her email worked fine from iphone and webmail. 

Suddenly she could no longer send emails from her iphone. Error message, "username or password for .....@ntlworld.com is incorrect"

All settings on iphone are correct. Various suggestions on these threads so I changed her password. Deleted her account (and the outgoing mailserver account as per instructions from forum)

I managed to set my email account on her phone which worked fine (and then deleted it again)

Set her account up again and it cant verify the outgoing smtp server. Password is correct.

There are no problems sending or receiving mail on web. Please help. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Username or Password is incorrect for email from iphone

Make sure you follow this guidance when setting up accounts on Apple devices - literally:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
mef31
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks HowardML, yours was the thread I was referring to when i said i had changed password and deleted the account. Still didnt work. 

0 Kudos
mef31
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Today I took a brand new iPhone from work, no previous email accounts set up on it and tried to set my wife's account up. Received all her email, could not send. Exactly same problem as she has on her current iPhone so problem is not with phone or settings. Also my youngest son has the same problems with his email account. 

Who do we contact to get this resolved?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello mef31

I am sorry you were having problems sending email, it looks like you have subsequently called in about it. Are you still having problems? The agent mentioned it was okay sending from a PC is that correct? 

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
mef31
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola

Yes, still having problems. I have proven beyond doubt its not the iphone problem. I reset password on PC. Sending recieving mail works fine. I setup the account on new iphone. Emails will not send out. I set my own account up on same phone and no problems sending or recieving. I dont know what else to do.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Morning Mark

Thanks for getting back, I notice that you have another thread about this and are already dealing with the lovely Jen. She is happy to help so I will take a back seat on this one, best we keep it to the other thread.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos