Menu
LewGroom17
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Username Verification Problem

I have recently tried to change my username to log in and was awaiting my verification email when I noticed this:

"You recently changed your username to email removed@outlook.com

Before you can sign in with your new username, please:

Check your inbox for the email address 'webteam@virginmedia.co.uk' and look for the email we sent you on 12/02/2017
Open the message and click on the 'Confirm my username' link"

Can someone maybe help me with this please
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Username Verification Problem

AFAICS, the functionality is broken and until it is fixed you may want to cancel the change; hopefully one of the forum moderators will raise this issue with the appropriate urgency.

FYI, similar post made earlier, can't change my email address

0 Kudos
welshpride
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I also am running into this problem I just had a new package due to house move and I need switch the email address around on old account so I can have my main email on my new account but can't do this i don't get an email. Also need verify my new account email before I can view my new account 

0 Kudos
LewGroom17
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully the issue is resolved soon because I am unable to use my original email
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately marking a post as a “Helpful answer” makes it appear as though it is solved, consider removing it so the forum team are aware the issue is still there.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

用心棒 wrote:

AFAICS, the functionality is broken and until it is fixed you may want to cancel the change; hopefully one of the forum moderators will raise this issue with the appropriate urgency.

I've just tried changing my username and I've immediately got the email to complete the change.

My domain email is hosted on G.Suite and I've not had to set up any specific filters to receive it.

welshpride wrote:

I also am running into this problem I just had a new package due to house move and I need switch the email address around on old account so I can have my main email on my new account but can't do this i don't get an email. Also need verify my new account email before I can view my new account 

You may be talking about a different issue. When you move house you should keep all your existing My Virgin Media login details - you shouldn't be asked to create new details at your new address.

If you have been asked to create new details, then the My Virgin Media details haven't been transferred correct. You need to contact Tech Support who can wipe the new details and transfer your existing details across.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:

用心棒 wrote:

I've just tried changing my username and I've immediately got the email to complete the change.

My domain email is hosted on G.Suite and I've not had to set up any specific filters to receive it.

Tried with different domains, last being Fastmail, and the issue persists. FYI,  Previous email address received notification of change but nothing to the new email address to complete the process; I will leave it with the original poster to pursue the matter further..

0 Kudos
LewGroom17
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just tried again and still no luck
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

用心棒 wrote:
Tried with different domains, last being Fastmail, and the issue persists. FYI,  Previous email address received notification of change but nothing to the new email address to complete the process; I will leave it with the original poster to pursue the matter further.

Ah yes. You're right on that. I was misreading the mail I was getting (didn't want to complete the change so just saw the mail I got as being the right one).

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
welshpride
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

welshpride wrote:

You may be talking about a different issue. When you move house you should keep all your existing My Virgin Media login details - you shouldn't be asked to create new details at your new address.

If you have been asked to create new details, then the My Virgin Media details haven't been transferred correct. You need to contact Tech Support who can wipe the new details and transfer your existing details across.

Because the old account don't close till 24feb and new account must have needed to be assign account number with service provided I think they had to give a new account??  And this was a new contract not keeping same package?

0 Kudos