Menu
Joeyb1985
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

User name verification

Hi, i have set up a new email account to go with my virgin media account but i believe i have set it up wrong as the username verification email has been sent to the email address that i have set up for the new account. Therefore i am unable to obtain the email and confirm with the link. Is there anyway this can be redirected to an active email account? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: User name verification

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds rather as if you have fallen into the trap of the change user name option.  This does not change the underlying email address and has to be a non VM email account that you already have set up.

Here are the instructions for setting up a new VM email address: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=116476B5-2609-4FE1-A0E7-AD37922AD815  The correct process for creating a new VM email address, as set out in the help page, does not send a verification email.  It does, however, send a confirmation email to the primary account holder that a new email address has been created on the account.