Menu
bl4cksun
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading to Virginmedia Business package and want to keep access to @ntlworld.com email accounts

Hi,

I've been unable to get an answer to this question from the Business broadband team, in store or via the 'chat' service.

I am looking to migrate to my home broadband and phone service to the Virginmedia business service. However I would like to retain use of the 2 @ntlworld.com addresses we currently use. Is this possible?

Reading the forums, it looks like this might be ok for 90 days, but is it possible beyond that period?

cheers

Martyn

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading to Virginmedia Business package and want to keep access to @ntlworld.com email accounts

hiya @bl4cksun welcome to the virginmedia community forum, best idea is to create a gmail/yahoo/outlook etc, since I've never used my ISP email address for anything important, might be able to get another week after 90 days, since the email needs to be linked to an active account.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading to Virginmedia Business package and want to keep access to @ntlworld.com email accounts

If you're running a business - DO NOT USE A FREE EMAIL SERVICE - I cannot stress this enough.

Free services are provided for the benefit of consumers and do not really cater for business needs.

Get your own domain - and either run your own email server on a static address or use on online host that allows you to point your domain at their servers.

Advantages.
1. Email addresses are linked to your domain.
2. If using a dedicated business plan, it includes guarantees of uptime PLUS professional 1 to 1 phone support if something goes wrong.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
bl4cksun
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ravenstar,

For my business I currently have a domain and associated email addresses, plus a personal domain and email address(I'm never going through the pain I had when I first changed providers to Nynex all those years ago); so for me switching to the business service isn't an issue. However my wife does a lot of work for a charity and her ntlworld mail address is known within that circle of people and websites. It's really the wifes email that would be a hassle to loose/have to change.

Guess the wife will have the final say on whether we switch or not.

0 Kudos