Menu
Lama69
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to sign on or request security details for my virgin.net email account

I have had a virgin.net account for an age, but due to various problems and spamming, I decided to set a gmail account a couple of years ago.  I set up a redirection service, so my virgin emails would be rediredted to this new email address.and have not used my virgin.net account for ages. However the emails have stopped coming through my gmail account and there are emails I would like to retrieve from my virgin account but am unable to log in, as it will neither accept my password, security question or let me request a new one. The reason for this is I do not have a Virgin Media Account or Account Number, so am unable to request to change these security questions.  What can I do? ? 

I have tried to contact Virgin Media via telephone and chat service but it's like Fort Knox!!  

Please Help.

thanks, Pam 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to sign on or request security details for my virgin.net email account

I'm afraid to say that your old account has probably been closed for good. It is a requirement for continued use of VM email addresses that it is linked to a current paid for VM broadband account.
Lama69
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to sign on or request security details for my virgin.net email account

Oh well!  I will have to see if I can contact the people that sent these emails that I want to access.  Thank you Graham

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lama69, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have lost access to your emails. 

I have to say Graham_A is likely to be correct. 

If you do wish me to double check this then pop the email address in question across to me via PM and I can investigate further, however we do close email addresses not accessed for 90 days. So it seems likely for the situation described that the email account has been closed. 

Keep me posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos