Menu
Mikebragg
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to send emails from my ipad

I can not send emails on virginmedia on my iPad.  Why?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to send emails from my ipad

When were you last able to do so?

What have you changed since then?

Describe precisely what happens when you try to send an email, and particularly detail any error messages.

0 Kudos
Mikebragg
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re my reply received: l

I have moved and signed up with Virginmedia. I have not been able to send emails from the I pad ever, we get a message saying that the settings are wrong. I have deleted it and reinstalled several times without success. I dialled 150 and spoke to a man who sent me a link to a load of stuff I did not understand.  Help!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We will have to take this in short steps at a time I think.

First - I assume that you have an email address of the form - xxxxxxxxx@virginmedia.com. Yes/No?

Second - you have a computer (ie the iPad is not your only computer)

Third -you can successfully login to webmail on a computer via the VM homepage at www.virginmedia.com by clicking on either of the 2 links to email on that page and entering your address and password- Yes/No?

To be continued....

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you looked at this thread for suggestions: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO... ?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mikebragg wrote:

Re my reply received: l

I have moved and signed up with Virginmedia. I have not been able to send emails from the I pad ever, we get a message saying that the settings are wrong. I have deleted it and reinstalled several times without success. I dialled 150 and spoke to a man who sent me a link to a load of stuff I did not understand.  Help!

Deleting an account on the Ipad does not remove it's outgoing settings.  Hence when you recreate the account you still can't send as it ends up using the same outgoing settings.  Follow the link Sololobo provided above to my post detailing how to amend the outgoing settings on the Ipad.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos