Menu
briangr1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Unable to reply/reply all/forward

Since the "maintenance" at the weekend I am not able to reply/reply all/forward etc using web mail (blueyonder account) tried different browsers, makes no difference. Yet another example of Virgin's woeful testing strategy perhaps?

regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to reply/reply all/forward

Hi briangr1,

Sorry that you've been having difficulty accessing your emails. We are already aware of intermittent issues with webmail access, fault ref: F004841712. 

What seems to be happening is that, upon signing in,  the screen displays the 3 loading dots and refuses to load any further. Refreshing the screen sometimes works (though didn't when I tried). This is under investigation right now and we hope to have a resolution in place before too long.

However if the above is not what's happening to you, please post details of what you are doing and what error is returned so that we can investigate further.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
briangr1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It has been working off and on, more off than on TBH, its when I click on reply or reply all nothing happens other than a little circular arrow goes round and round and round and round, in fact it does that for nearly as long as it took to get a response on this

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ahh yes that would be related to the fault I mentioned previously. We've not reached a resolution just yet but I'll keep you notified. 

In the meantime thankyou for your ongoing patience,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
davetherave
Up to speed
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am not receiving any mails through MS Outlook all afto with all my accounts (Ok earlier AM)

Can get Webmail by refreshing etc and have received one mail there but expecting others

Is this the same fault please - Please see pic below

Cheers

Dave

mail.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi davetherave,

From what you've posted it would appear that your server settings need to be adjusted.

Please follow the instructions on our help page - using Outlook with Virgin Media email. The links at the bottom of that page provide server settings specific to your email domain, so just click that one that applies to you.

Let us know if this helps Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
zena1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I access virginmedia email only via a browser. I have experienced the problem with failure to load with depressing frequency over the last several weeks, feels like months. Login, wait, dots, don't reach email. What does sometimes work on these occasions is to start another tab in the browser, get the VM home page and log on again, or quite often, to select email. Mostly the second session will load the emails while the original session just sticks forever. Once the first session got there first but only once.

Today however the Reply option just isn't working at all. It's not even trying to load. And it definitely has nothing to do with Outlook settings. The email service is just getting worse and worse.

0 Kudos
briangr1
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yeah can I add that to my problems too, the three dots forever nightmare, and now the Spam filter seems to have stopped working. VM you really need to try harder this is a joke....e-mail via webmail is unusable as it is currently

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

In the whole of the above thread there is little or no information about the environment in which the posters are operating (apart from a mention of "Outlook", "browser" and "webmail"). I would suggest that responses to the following are needed to go any further.

More info required please -

What hardware are you using – PC/Laptop/Chromebook/MAC/iPad/Android tablet/iPhone/Android phone/other

What OS – Windows 7,8,10/IOS/OSX/Linux/other

What connections – wired to home VM router/wi-fi to home VM router/other

Connection speed – nominal and actually measured if known

Email – client/webmail/other

and of course – version number where likely to be relevant.

Do you re-boot your router at regular intervals – yes/no

Do you clear your browser’s cache and cookies at regular intervals – yes/no

0 Kudos
briangr1
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I appreciatte your attempt at help, however the issue is clearly with the Virgin mail web client, I use it on different windows based platforms using either W10 or W7, its is equally useless on both platforms and on IE, Firefox and Edge. No other page I or other users who share these machines have any problems. I know this doesnt address your points directly but the problem is clearly with Virgin's web mail product and its getting increasingly worse

0 Kudos