Menu
SilverLady
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to reply or compose e-mail.

I'm getting really fed up with Virgin, one problem after another.

Today I am unable to reply to an e-mail or compose a new one.  I get the reply or compose screen and can enter text into the 'addressee box' and the 'title box' but cannot enter text into the body of the e-mail - no cursor appears.

Also took around 5 attempts to actually log in to my blueyonder e-mail.  (Got circle of grey dots with occasional messages of 'service unavailable please retry'.)

Over the last few weeks I've often had to resort to sending e-mail from gmail rather than using Virgin

0 Kudos
SilverLady
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to reply or compose e-mail.

Well it has now moved on to the more common error problem.  When I select reply to sender or compose new e-mail, screen appears, but it is greyed out and I can enter nothing on it.   From previous experience I will probably have to retry several times over the next few hours before there is any life in reply or compose.  Luckily I don't have any urgent replies or new e-mails to send just now or I'd have to do so by gmail.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello SilverLady

I am sorry you are having problems composing an email. I wonder if it is a browser issue as I have not come across other people in the forum with it. Perhaps deleting all the cookies or trying another browser may help. I wonder if you have considered using a client rather than Webmail as they can often be a lot friendlier and offer more facilities Using Virgin Media Mail with Mail Clients 

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
SilverLady
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nicola

Today everything is working well.  Problem is that I never know from one day to the next whether I can reply or compose, or even log in at all.

I miss Windows Live Mail that I lost when upgrading from Windows 7.  However I really must find another client.  I'll look around.

Thanks for the link on how to use with another client.

0 Kudos
SilverLady
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry should have added. Problem occurs whether I use my normal browser Firefox or switch to Chrome.
0 Kudos
peterdwilson
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This started for me too yesterday - symptoms - reply to email or compose new and the compose screen actions were greyed out - could only return to email. Tried loads of times over 2 days.

I think I've sorted it - I went Tools, email settings, edit, account settings and ticked the box says "Use unified mail for this account" then saved and tried again.

It works for me. Hope it helps.

0 Kudos