Menu
jollatine1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to get Blueyonder Mail

I no longer have a virgin tv, broadband and phone account with virgin. However, my blue yonder email address is still in use and I have continued to usd it. Recently The service has stopped. I get "cannot get mail" and "imap.blueyonder.co.uk is not responding" I am using it on iPhone as my laptop was recently scrapped. I cannot login on webmail because I have no virgin account. Nor can I contact virgin as I have no account number to give them. Can anyone help me sort this, or will I have to scrap this email account?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to get Blueyonder Mail

I'm afraid to say that your old account has probably been closed for good. It is a requirement for continued use of VM email addresses that it is linked to a current paid for VM broadband account.

A member of the Forum Team may be able to check the exact status of the email address for you but will need to clear some security details with you first.  It will take them several days to get to this thread.

jollatine1234
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I thought this might happen, but my email continued to run for three years. So I am surprised it has happened now, unless it is a new policy?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

jollatine1234 wrote:
I thought this might happen, but my email continued to run for three years. So I am surprised it has happened now, unless it is a new policy?

No it isn't a new policy, just one that VM seem pretty poor at implementing in a timely manner.