Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
umbelli

Unable to attach files to e-mail

Just recently i am unable to attach files of any type to e-mails.

Although the hadn appears over the button and depresses when clicked, nothing happens after that ie no file selection function.  Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
paperclip

Re: Unable to attach files to e-mail

Hi umbelli,

Can you give us that again as I don't feel you have explained it very well, also can you possibly let us know which email client you use.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
umbelli

Thanks for your reply.  I am using virgin.net web mail in a Google Chrome browser

It only happens on one particular machine running on Windows XP Proffesional.  On other machines running Windows 7 I do not have the problem.

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Rachael_J

Hi umbelli,

Aside from a configuration issue there isn't very much that could cause this. As you're able to access your emails on other computers it doesn't appear to be an account issue.

Could you please confirm that your Windows XP machine is fully up-to-date? Do you have the same problem using the same machine but an alternate browser? Has anything on the computer changed recently, such as updates or installation of new programs?

Kind Regards,

Rachael J
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
umbelli

Hi Rachael

I tried in IE and it works there.

However, I think that Virgin web mail has changed the way attachments work fairly recently.  There used to be a Choose your file box which came up after clicking "Attach a File", wheras now it immedaitely opens a Windows Explorer box.  It seems strange that Chrome should have the problem as I was under the impression that Google developed the Virgin web mail system.

Any way thanks for your help

Regards

Umbelli

Please use plain text.