Menu
Somerville66
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access webmail. Forbidden

I received an email via Outlook saying my ntlworld account had been upgraded. Now Virgin have Forbidden me access to my webmail.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access webmail. Forbidden

There's actually an issue with Webmail at the moment, Virgin have been notified.

James has just put a post up here.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email-Cloud-and-Webspace/Webmail-Login/td-p/2916145

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
wilber_force
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Is there still an issue as I'm still getting "Forbidden" when trying to access webmail in Google Chrome.

Cessquill
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here.  Started when I tried to change from one email account to the other.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Cessquill wrote:

Same issue here.  Started when I tried to change from one email account to the other.

You need to log out Sign out of the other account first.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Cessquill
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Have done.  I've tried all the combinations I can think of.  mail.ntlworld.com goes straight to forbidden.  virginmedia.com, clicking on email takes me to forbidden.  virginmedia.com, sign in, email takes me to forbidden (or sign out, sign in again).

Fortunately mails are still coming in on my phone (IMAP), so I can at least acknowledge them.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello Cessquill and wilber_force

Sorry you are having problems with the forbidden error. This happened to me on one of my accounts and I found deleting all the browser cookies and restarting the browser fixed it.

Hope that helps, please let us know

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
GrahamDragon
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem.  It is through the Chrome browser.  I can access via a different browser, and also via Chrome from a different computer, but even when I reboot the original computer I can no longer access my VirginMedia account via Chrome from my main computer.  Interestingly I CAN access a different VirginMedia account I have, just not the main account which I now use as my personal e-mail address.

As with the previous comments, the page I get is a blank white page with "Forbidden" written at the top left.  I am assuming this is a 403 error.

Technical Help told me the only way to resolve this is to do a full re-set of my browser, which will lose all of my bookmarks (I have 251, all nicely classified in different folders, so it would be more than a pain to lose them!) and probably all of my stored passwords as well.  It would actually be easier for me to ditch my Virgin e-mail and use a different one as my personal account rather than do that.

Anybody got any ideas?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

GrahamDragon

Your question was fully answered here. You won't lose your bookmarks. Don't understand why you have posted twice. Just gets confusing.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email-Cloud-and-webspace/Cannot-access-E-mails-quot-Forbidden-qu...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
GrahamDragon
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for this Howard.

I posted again because I hadn't noticed there was a thread on this very topic, so when I saw there was I thought it best to post there. For some reason I got notification of your answer here, but not of Shelke's there.
0 Kudos