Menu
bornblonde
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access secondary e-mail account

Yesterday I updated the password on my husband's e-mail account as I am the main account holder

He has not previously used the account but now needs to use it. He has tried logging in but keeps getting a message saying the mailbox is unavailable and to wait an hour then ring 151 if it has not been fixed. .

However, he is able to log into the main Virgin Media account which acknowledges his as a secondary account so obviously the account details and password are correct.

Before I spend forever trying to get through pressing numerous buttons, can anyone help with this problem please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access secondary e-mail account

bornblonde wrote:

Yesterday I updated the password on my husband's e-mail account as I am the main account holder

He has not previously used the account but now needs to use it. He has tried logging in but keeps getting a message saying the mailbox is unavailable and to wait an hour then ring 151 if it has not been fixed. .

However, he is able to log into the main Virgin Media account which acknowledges his as a secondary account so obviously the account details and password are correct.

Before I spend forever trying to get through pressing numerous buttons, can anyone help with this problem please?

Thanks

Given what you have written above, which I have highlighted in blue, it is likely that the underlying mailbox has been closed.  This happens if the email account is not accessed for 150 days.  Between 90 and 150 days it can be reactivated by VM customer service if you call them.   See this link to the announcement explaining these changes from Sep 2014. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/Virgin-Media-Mail-Changes-September-2014/m-p/24808....

Although the mailbox gets closed the email address will still work as a user log in name for access to the account.

A member of the Forum Team should be able to check the exact status of the mailbox for you but it will be several days before they get to this thread.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access secondary e-mail account

Hi bornblonde,

I'll be happy to help with this. As Graham says it is likely that the mailbox in question has been removed due to lack of use. But I'll take a look for you to confirm what's happening. 
Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) with the requested private information and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos