Menu
MacNala2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access ntlworld.com email addresses from a web browser

I have a number of secondary accounts setup when NTLWorld.com was still alive and kicking. I have been notified that a user returning to use their email address cannot access the email through their browser IE11 or Edge.

Has something changed? are all NTLworld.com addresses now defunct?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access ntlworld.com email addresses from a web browser

Hi MacNala2

All four domains are still live and kicking.  However when you mention a returning user - when is the last time that email address was accessed?

Virgin instituted a policy whereby if a mailbox was not checked for 90 days it was locked out until the user contacted Virgin.  After a further 60 days, if the account has not been unlocked, then the email address is deleted completely.  I'm wondering if they could have fallen foul of that policy.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
MacNala2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@ravenstar68 Thanks for the heads up to the time limits. Are they documented somewhere, I have never seen them. I use an ntlworld.com address to manage my account I would like to be sure I am not going to get cut off. I very rarely access the email from a browser but use outlook 2013 every day.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

MacNala2 wrote:

@ravenstar68 Thanks for the heads up to the time limits. Are they documented somewhere, I have never seen them. I use an ntlworld.com address to manage my account I would like to be sure I am not going to get cut off. I very rarely access the email from a browser but use outlook 2013 every day.

You can read the announcement of the changes here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/Virgin-Media-Mail-Changes-September-2014/m-p/24808...

It also provides a link to the relevant section in the Ts&Cs

Accessing the email account regularly via an email client should keep it active.