Menu
chrissyd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access my emails

I have been unable to access my Virginmedia.com emails today. When I try to get into my email account I get the following message:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request Post/ajax/saml/acs.

Reason: Corrupt status line returned by remote server: HTTP/0.9 400 Bad Request

I've Googled the message and the general advice appears to be to clear my cache and cookies which I have done, but to no effect.

Does anyone have any other advice please? My browser is Firefox, by the way.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access my emails

Clearing cache and cookies usually solves this problem. Did you completely shut down the browser after doing this and then bring it back up?

Suggest you try a different browser for comparison purposes - IE, Edge or Chrome.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is a new one on me, but I'm willing to bet it is another symptom of the dysfunction of the VM web mail service these past few months. all you can do is keep trying and/or change your browser. Refreshing the page often helps - though you may have to do this several times before it loads properly.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
chrissyd
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I shut down both my computer and my router but unfortunately the problem still persists. Just tried using IE instead of Firefox as per your advice and got into my email account with no problem!

I suppose I'll just have to stick with IE for my emails, bit of a nuisance though when all my bookmarks etc are in Firefox.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To put it mildly - that's life! and that is certainly how it is with the wretched web mail at present.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos