Menu
charfar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access emails

Hi - help please. I can login to my Virgin.net account. It takes me to a screen that contains the following: "We're really sorry but the offers and promotions on our site are no longer available to Virgin Media National customers, due to the move to TalkTalk." It also contains the Virgin Media logo.

At the top there's an option to click on "mail", which I have done (and which is the normal way I access emails). The screen then hangs up and after a few minutes it times me out. Can anyone please advise how I can get round this problem.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access emails

It sounds very much as if you are trying to access a virgin.net email account that is not linked to a current VM broadband account.  These a known as orphaned accounts.

When did you last successfully access the account and are you a current Virgin Media broadband customer?

charfar
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

I access this email account daily. I have experienced similar problems before but usually after a couple of attempts all seems to be OK. But not this time!! I have had a (free) Virgin.net email account for over 15 years now.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

charfar wrote:

Hi Graham

I access this email account daily. I have experienced similar problems before but usually after a couple of attempts all seems to be OK. But not this time!! I have had a (free) Virgin.net email account for over 15 years now.

There is currently a major access issue with VM webmail as noted in the 'sticky' post at the head of this forum.  So that is likely to be affecting your access currently.

However, from your description you are almost certainly using an orphaned account.  'Free' virgin.net email accounts from the old dial up days should have been closed down by now.  Most have but some have slipped through the net like yours.  It is vulnerable to deletion at any time by VM.  You would be well advised to set up a new ISP independent email account asap and begin informing all your contacts of your new email address.

charfar
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham

I will do that.

Regards

Chas

0 Kudos