Menu
CJJE
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access emails via Outlook Mail Reader program on PC

When I try to download today emails using the Outlook mail reader on my PC I'm getting the following error message :
Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for  Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I haven't changed any settings, and it is affecting both my PCs and all accounts.

I see unread emails on my accounts when I access them via the Webmail page, but this does not let me save them and my replies to my PC.

Chris

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access emails via Outlook Mail Reader program on PC

Let me be clear.

Are you using the version of Outlook that is an e-mail client on your two PCs? If so which version

Have you just upgraded to win 10?

Try it now - this is often an intermittent and temporary fault.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
AotrsCommander
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am getting the same issue, which started last night.

It is affecting both @ntlworld accounts, but the @virginmedia account seems to be unaffected.

I am aware that there has been a reported problem with the webmail in my area ("You may currently be experiencing intermittent access to webmail."). I can (currently, I couldn't earlier in the day) access my @ntlworld account via the webpage, but it will still not synch to my Outlook (2010) system. As I use this for my busines correspondance, this is far from ideal and it is obvious a concern.

While it may be fixed when the other webmail issues are, it seems wise to note this problem in case the fix for one does not fix the other.

0 Kudos
CJJE
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My Surface Pro 4 has been using Windows 10 and Office 365's Outlook programme for getting on for a year, and my other PC has been using Windows 10 for many months (and Outlook 2007). The problem has only materialised today, but is happening every time I try to access my emails.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. We are seeing other reports. I have asked the Forum Mods to take a look.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
AotrsCommander
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Update: I was finally able to access my emails (I've been trying at periodic intervals all afternoon) via Outlook about fifteen minutes ago.

No idea whether this is a temporary thing (the intermittent webmail warning for my area is still up) or whether it is fixed properly, but I figured it was worth noting either way..

CJJE
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yep, just tried accessing my account on my Surface Pro/Outlook 365 and it's working again... Now to see if it lasts!

Chris

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Edit - Doh next time I need to make sure I put the right address in when testing.

imap.ntlworld.com works fine for me when testing over openssl

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
nedsram
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Not entirely sure whether this is the same issue, but I'm getting forbidden when trying to log into webmail for ntlworld.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

nedsram wrote:
Not entirely sure whether this is the same issue, but I'm getting forbidden when trying to log into webmail for ntlworld.

No it's not - start your own thread please.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos