Menu
marty1966
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access emails or login to Virgin

Hi

Since about 10.00am this morning, when I try to login to webmail or access emails via Thunderbird I get a message saying my password or login details are incorrect.

Thia happens across all devices, laptop mobile phone etc.

I havn't changed any login details since yesterday and I am unable to login to my virgin media as I get the same problem, so I am unable to check or change my password.

Is there a a known problem with accessing email/virgin media as I can not think of anything else to rectify the problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to access emails or login to Virgin

VM do sometimes lock accounts if there has been a security issue that they become aware of.  They usually notify you via text message if this is the case, providing they have a contact number.  What happens if you try the Forgotten password option?

You may need to ring in to get a prompt response.  Select the broadband fault option and ignore any requests to reboot equipment etc.  The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM do sometimes lock accounts if there has been a security issue that they become aware of.  They usually notify you via text message if this is the case, providing they have a contact number.  What happens if you try the Forgotten password option?

You may need to ring in to get a prompt response.  Select the broadband fault option and ignore any requests to reboot equipment etc.  The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

marty1966
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham

I tried the forgotten password option and changed my password and am now able to login and retrieve emails.

Looks like VM may have locked my account for some reason.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good news.  

Just as an extra precaution it would be a good idea to change your security questions and answers on the account.