Just joined
SteveyLou

Unable to access blueyonder.co.uk email

Hi,

I've had a blueyonder.co.uk email address for the best part of 10 years now and have never really had any problems with it until the last couple of days.

When I attempt to access the mail server through Outlook now I get asked for the username and password repeatedly until an error pops up with the message, "-ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted".  If I attempt to use webmail for access instead I'm told I've entered the wrong username or password, and when I try to change the password (through the 'forgotten password' option) I get the message "Unable to find your username" :-(

Any ideas what might be wrong here?  I thought at first maybe the mail server was down but I've had this issue for 4 or 5 days now.  I've tried sending myself an email from my work address and it didn't bounce so I'm hoping the account hasn't been deleted.  This blueyonder.co.uk address is my only home email address (I've literally just had to sign up for a gmail account so I could register on these forums), so it'd be very bad news for me if I've lost access to it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard III
Peter_

Re: Unable to access blueyonder.co.uk email

You will need to call technical support on 151 from a Virginmedia phone line or 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line and an agent will help you with this issue as it cannot be done via the forums due to the legal requirement to clear DPA.

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard II
Trickiejohn

you could also check your settings are still correct:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=37928&CURRENT_...

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
A regular I
Mike_Brad

Hi SteveyLou

I this fault now resolved by giving us a call in or is it still on going?

Michael Bradley
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our service status and fault checker.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Just joined
SteveyLou

Hi,

I've been away with work this week so haven't been able to call. Will be back home on Saturday morning though so I'll call then.

I've tried accessing my mail a few times this week through webmail but I'm still getting the same errors.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.