Menu
saferon
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access Blueyonder email

This has been playing up for weeks and now it's got worse. I simply cannot access email at all on my windows laptop using either Firefox or Chrome. When I sign in, I get this address in my browser window:

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/signin

and three pulsating grey dots.

It really is unacceptable not to be able to access my email. Has anyone managed to find a solution to this?

Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access Blueyonder email

Yep, forget using webmail and set up an email programme. https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
Grey101Ace
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I to have problems accessing my email - this has been going on months and I am sure I have also lost emails.

I do not see why we should have to use another piece of software to use our emails.

Webmail is handy when you are on other machines etc.

Virginmedia need to sort this out - it has been terrible since they decided not to use google anymore.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Grey101Ace wrote:

I to have problems accessing my email - this has been going on months and I am sure I have also lost emails.

I do not see why we should have to use another piece of software to use our emails.

Virginmedia need to sort this out - it has been terrible since they decided not to use google anymore.  

Agree that VM need to get this sorted once and for all.

In the interests of fairness it wasn't Virginmedia's choice to stop using google mail.  Google pulled the plug on their gmail app for other ISPs to use.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Grey101Ace wrote:

Ideally webmail should be working, but e-mail clients such as Thunderbird have been proven to work, so if you need to get at your email, they are the next best thing to webmail.

Agreed, however when using on your own devices IMAP beats Webmail hands down.

Rose timted glasses here, there were a number of issues under the old Apps for ISP system.  But as Graham's said, it was Google who closed down the Apps for ISP service. see this post - https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/apps/KOJJIifzycs 

Personally, the webmail performance is indeed abysmal of late.  Virgin have reported that they are investigating, but as yet a solution appears to elude them.

The question is - do you really want to stand on your principles and refuse to use an email client, or would you rather have a more reliable way of accessing your emails.  It's your choice, but I know what I'd prefer.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos