Menu
Tearful-Al
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to Verify/ Validate/ Post or Receive e-mails

Yes, I have been up all night (literally) trying to get my Mail Client to co-operate with the simple task of Send/ Receive an e-mail.

Naa-na-na-naa-nah!Naa-na-na-naa-nah!

It (Mac OS Mail) tormented me all day and night with replies such as "Unable (Unwilling) to Verify..." I trawled through the Virgin Forum for some helpful suggestions. Better than the Official VM Help with suggestions such as "Did silly billy input the correct password?" Aye!! Right!! Thanks a bunch for that.

So, tried a new e-mail account. Nope!
Read a few posts by that Soopah-Doopah ravenstar68 and he gave a few pointers about logs and info details hence the wee screen grab. The mere threat and mention of the afore-mentioned rs68 did the trick and I started getting whooshy Sent noises like a scene from Star Wars as e-mails went flying through the ether!! Even the sacrificial chicken did nothing .. off to the soup pot with it, feathers and all. So now you know how to restore your Mail Client when it starts acting up.

Thanks ravenstar68, you did the trick. ;0)

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to Verify/ Validate/ Post or Receive e-mails

While I've no idea what the original problem was.  I'm glad my posts were apparently of some help to you.  If you have any other issues feel free to post back.

Many thanks for your comments.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

While I've no idea what the original problem was.  I'm glad my posts were apparently of some help to you.  If you have any other issues feel free to post back.

Many thanks for your comments.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Tearful-Al
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ravenstar68, I could not Verify Password therefore couldn't download or send Mail. Having seen all the similar No Mail posts and the suggestions you offered to them, something must have worked.
I could get to the online Virgin Mail but that was not the point. Something was bust and needed fixed. I couldn't specify what it was and a New Account did nothing to help.

Something you said must have done the trick so you can claim the prize.
A bit of humour is worth a little bit more than a straight "Ta much! for your help."
Now I have 2 e-mails, I can expect twice the failures. ;0)
0 Kudos
Tearful-Al
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

System PreferencesSnapz001.pngAccount02.jpg

God help me if I take up the Virgin Mail offer of up to 10 different e-mails!! The one that is 'working' will disconnect the other and then if I "Enable" (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) the original it will disappear up its own drain-pipe.

Yup! Back to the same cocked-up Mail SMTP server(s) or whatever they are blaming it on now....

But I noticed that 'they' at least managed to snuck another price rise into my In-Tray.

All together now ..... There's a hole in my bucket dear Liza, a great big faffing hole!!

(There was another "gem" when trying to get things to work but I missed the screen-cap.

Something like: Error, Account cannot be verified because it already exists!  Cue for the Doctor Who theme tune!

Is it a retired script writer for Morcambe & Wise that is writing this stuff??

0 Kudos