Menu
murrayrj86
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Two Issues - SPAM & Authentication Issues

I'm currently experiencing two issues with my Virgin Media email.

SPAM

Over the last week, I have been inundated with emails that claim to be automated undeliverable messages from random email addresses. I have been getting at least a dozen to two dozen a day. Is this something that you are aware of?

Authentication Issues

I have read the 'sticky' message at the top of forum but I don't use a desktop mail client - only my Android phone. This also happened for the first time last week. My email, and both my parents are affected by this. We have found resetting out passwords is a work around but it's immensely frustrating. What is the best course of action?

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide :-)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two Issues - SPAM & Authentication Issues

murrayrj86 wrote:

I'm currently experiencing two issues with my Virgin Media email.

SPAM

Over the last week, I have been inundated with emails that claim to be automated undeliverable messages from random email addresses. I have been getting at least a dozen to two dozen a day. Is this something that you are aware of?

Virgin media have never heard of this at all LOL!. You are hardly the first to post about this. At a minimum you should follow the directions in this helpfile file:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE...

and you should read this:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Spoofing/td-p/2941294

posted last October when the problem became evident. The messages you are getting indicate that your account may have been compromised particular if they are from mailer-daemon@virginmedia.com

Authentication Issues

I have read the 'sticky' message at the top of forum but I don't use a desktop mail client - only my Android phone. This also happened for the first time last week. My email, and both my parents are affected by this. We have found resetting out passwords is a work around but it's immensely frustrating. What is the best course of action?

We can't do anything without much more detail. We need to see an error message if your phone produces one or at least have abetter description of what you are seeing. Many causes of this error but they are all different and all arise from different issues.

You can start by confirming or otherwise that you and the others you mention who are affected by the problem all hvae live, paid for VM broadband accounts. If not this exactly what I would expect to see and you had all better get busy moving your mail to a non VM provider not connected with an ISP.  

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide :-)

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos