Menu
lowlyworm
Dialled in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Trouble getting into emails

Hello,

After years and years of no problems with my emails, for several months now I have had problems getting into them. Sometimes I click Virgin media inbox and a few spots appear and keep reappearing until I have to give up. Then I go into My virgin media and try to get into my emails via that site. Sometimes it works and sometimes the spots keep appearing until it cuts out. Sometimes I have to shut down the browser and start again. Sometimes the emails open up immediately I have logged in.

To start with I could usually get into the emails at the second attempt but now it can take about 6 times before they open up.

Can anyone advise me why this happening and how to solve it.

Thank you, Rome

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trouble getting into emails

It's because of the long standing issue the new VM webmail has, it is prone to failure and contention issues (too many people trying to use and it starts cutting out.)

VM are finally looking into the issue, hopefully they'll resolve the contention/connection issues the webmail has. In this respect it is a waiting game and being forced to hammer the page reload key repeatedly to get in when it is playing up (which is often.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The problem is not yours, the whole VM email system is flakey.  There are plenty of threads running in this forum complaining about these issues.  Usually the use of an email client such as Windows Live Mail to send and receive will prove more reliable than using VM's webmail directly.

Will they ever get it sorted out ... probably not before hell freezes over.    Smiley Frustrated

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Superuser
Superuser
Message 25 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

lowlyworm wrote:

Hello,

Is everyone finding as I am that this problem of getting into emails has been solved and it is possible to get into emails at first attempt?

It is at least working but there are still glitches

Sorry to be a pain but has anyone found they are having difficulty composing emails. Frequently there are just 2 arrows going round and round. I have done as someone suggested on this forum and am now using gmail when I have problems with Virgin.

Clear your browser cache and cookies - that should solve this one, or try another browser.

Rome

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Three line answer here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Webmail-login-issues-3-loading-dots/td-p/3374883

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's because of the long standing issue the new VM webmail has, it is prone to failure and contention issues (too many people trying to use and it starts cutting out.)

VM are finally looking into the issue, hopefully they'll resolve the contention/connection issues the webmail has. In this respect it is a waiting game and being forced to hammer the page reload key repeatedly to get in when it is playing up (which is often.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The problem is not yours, the whole VM email system is flakey.  There are plenty of threads running in this forum complaining about these issues.  Usually the use of an email client such as Windows Live Mail to send and receive will prove more reliable than using VM's webmail directly.

Will they ever get it sorted out ... probably not before hell freezes over.    Smiley Frustrated

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
lowlyworm
Dialled in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your helpful reply. I will be patient. As longs as it keeps working I will be happy. Rome

0 Kudos
lowlyworm
Dialled in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your helpful answer. I am pleased to know it is not just me. I will be patient. I think this community site is brilliant such helpful answers.

0 Kudos
Lesley40
Tuning in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Anyone back on to .ntlworld.com emails yet?  it's really very poor - what is the matter with VM?  

Upto last October 2016 - I must be honest and say I couldn't fault the service I received ...... then I got a TiVo Box.... do I need to say anymore?!!!! and now the blooming email system isn't working properly either which is not only frustrating for me - but I can see for many others too!

Come on VM - get your act together - you charge enough!

Flossy744
Superfast
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

lowlyworm wrote:

Hello,

After years and years of no problems with my emails, for several months now I have had problems getting into them. Sometimes I click Virgin media inbox and a few spots appear and keep reappearing until I have to give up. Then I go into My virgin media and try to get into my emails via that site. Sometimes it works and sometimes the spots keep appearing until it cuts out. Sometimes I have to shut down the browser and start again. Sometimes the emails open up immediately I have logged in.

To start with I could usually get into the emails at the second attempt but now it can take about 6 times before they open up.

Can anyone advise me why this happening and how to solve it.

Thank you, Rome

I am having and have had for some time, exactly the same problem, tried and failed to get into read my emails today at all !!!!!!

Good job I don't use it as my main email address, for important emails I have a reliable email address.

bobong
Just joined
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I will not be able to access an email for registering because email is not working. It has been a problem for months now but is worse today and I can't even connect to My Virgin Media. How long is it going to take to rectify this issue please.

Regards

Bob Galvin

0 Kudos
bobong
Just joined
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here. It hasn't worked properly for months now but has been impossible to connect to at all today. Has anyone spoken to them on the phone and, if so, have they given any indication of when the problem might be resolved? Cheers all!